Entering An Era Of Telecom Togetherness
- BUSINESS & FINANCE. Kilborn, Robert; Nichols, Judy; Burek, Joshua S. // Christian Science Monitor;5/30/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 131, p24
Mentions the expected announcement of the takeover of British mobile phone operator Orange Plc. by France Telecom.
- Off The Mark. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;3/11/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p25
Focuses on the success of the i-mode wireless communication service of NTT DoCoMo. European carriers that launched their version of i-mode; Decision of DoCoMo to scale back the expectations for its commercial third-generation services; Performance of the freedom of multimedia access technology...
- MOUs shrink, carriers' ARPU amplifies. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;1/28/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p15
Focuses on the marketing strategy of wireless carriers in the United States to lure customers. Free talk-time offered by wireless carriers; Information on peak and off-peak air times of the carriers; Efforts of carriers to change their marketing offerings.
- 'Boring' carriers will survive down economy. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;4/29/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p3
Reports on the effects of the recession on the wireless communication industry. Prediction on the performance of the industry made by Ovum; Companies who will survive the recession; Resiliency of incumbent carriers.
- Wireline carriers blast Sprint's reciprocal compensation request. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;06/12/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p30
Discusses the controversy between the wireline and wireless industries of the United States regarding the wireless industry's request for a change in the way reciprocal compensation is calculated, to take into account additional costs incurred by commercial mobile radio services.
- Middle East, Africa poised for growth. // RCR;06/12/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p48
Highlights The Strategis Group's forecast of a significant increase in cellular and third-generation technology subscribers in the Middle East and Africa for 2007.
- SOURCES. // Telephony;6/26/2006, Vol. 247 Issue 11, p35
A subject index for the June 26, 2006 issue of "Telephony" is presented.
- WIRELESS CARRIERS HAVE BEGUN TO EXHAUST SUBSCRIBER BASE. // Tele-Service News;Jun2002, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p4
Presents an outlook on the viability of the prepaid cellular telephone service in the U.S.
- Oklahoma. // Assessment Journal;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p18
Reports on the ruling of the Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals against the claims of a provider of cellular services that it was not a radio broadcasting system. Classification of a public service corporation.