Reborn Again: 3G Americas Replaces UWCC
- Mobile broadband technology proposed for public safety. // Fire Engineering;Jan2007, Vol. 160 Issue 1, p56
The article reports that mobile wireless technology, specifically broadband high speed packet access (HSPA) technology, will be ready shortly to serve American public safety needs, according to 3G Americas. The wireless trade association promotes the Global System for Mobile Communications...
- GSM continues to lead global marketplace. // RCR Wireless News;9/16/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p21
Discusses the findings of a study by 3G Americas company on the state of cellular telephone technology in Latin America in 2001-2002. Growth rate of subscribers to global system for mobile (GSM) communications service; Additional subscribers to time division multiple access technology; Evidence...
- GSM counts 1 billion. // RCR Wireless News;3/29/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p28
Reports on the 1 billion GSM customers recorded around the world as of February 2004, according to the organization 3G Americas. Analysts' prediction on the number of GSM customers by 2010; Factor driving the growth of GSM in the Americas, according to Rod Nelson, chairman of 3G Americas;...
- WEBLOG. // eWeek;7/10/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 27, p10
The article presents two blogs from the Web site go.eweek.com. Technological innovations in companies should be considered and decided wisely. 3G Americas LLC, a group backing the Global System for Mobile communications, said GSM adoption is outpacing all platforms worldwide. The firm said...
- 3G Americas now a partner in 3GPP. // RCR Wireless News;5/6/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the selection of 3G Americas as a new market representation partner of the Third Generation Partnership Project (3GPP), as of May 2002. Responsibilities of 3G Americas; Criteria used in the selection; Brief information on 3GPP.
- Cingular Hits Northwest. // Wireless Week;03/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p28
Focuses on the global system for mobile communications (GSM) wireless service launched by Cingular Wireless in Spokane and Seattle, Washington. Description of its branding campaign; Significance of the technology.
- GSM breaks 200m mark. // RCR;09/06/99, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p14
Focuses on the growth of the Global System for Mobile communications market.
- Doubling up on GSM networks. Lefevre, Steven; Brunzell, Ingmar // Telecom Asia;May98, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p46
Provides information on the deployment of dual band global system for mobile communication (GSM) systems. Countries that deployed a dual GSM system; Difference between dual band and dual mode; Basic operating mode for dual band mobile phones.
- Microcell reports Wireless Office trial with Ernst & Young. // RCR;06/05/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p57
Reports on the collaboration of Microcell Connexions and Ernst & Young to deploy and launch a real-world trial of Microcell Wireless Office, a service enabling a company to incorporate Global System for Mobile communications equipment into its existing Internet Protocol-based local area network.