LNP Extension Not On Its Way To Orlando
- Cellular industry challenges FCC privacy ruling on surveillance. Mannion, Patrick // Electronic Design;03/06/2000, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p28
Reports that the Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association has challenged a United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) ruling that requires telecommunication providers to adapt their systems to support extensive police surveillance capabilities. Other industry groups that are...
- C-Block PCS: On The Verge Of A Notice. // Wireless Week;05/08/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 19, p8
Focuses on the rule of the United States Federal Communications Commission on the plasma-current switch (PCS) spectrum for businesses. Views of PCS carriers with C- and F-Block licenses; Petition filed by Sprint and US West for PCS licenses.
- FCC Plans New Spectrum Cap Rules Before Year-end. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;09/25/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 39, p142
Announces the plan of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to launch a rule-making to reconsider the need for frequency spectrum aggregation limits in telecommunication industry. Decision of the FCC on the 45 megahertz spectrum cap; Recommendations from the Wireless...
- Possible competitive bidding process improvements discussed. Wayne, Debra // RCR;06/30/97, Vol. 16 Issue 26, p18
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission appears to be unable to establish an auction plan for the telecommunications industry on which all parties can agree. Areas of contentions; Factors which resulted in a lack of financial success of F-block personal and wireless...
- A lesson in growth. Brothers, Art // America's Network;03/01/98, Vol. 102 Issue 5, p54
Provides information about telecommunications industry in the United States. Details on the policy of the federal communications commission (FCC) on independent telephone companies.
- Editors Look At The Road Ahead. // Wireless Week;02/28/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p50
Focuses on the trends and issues related to telecommunication services and industries in the United States (US). Spectrum policy of the US Federal Communications Commission; Efforts of the editorial staff of `Wireless Week' periodical to address issues related to telecommunication; Views on...
- Carriers Gear Up For Number Portability. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;10/09/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 41, p20
Highlights the preparation of wireless companies for the deadline of number portability capabilities given by the United States Federal Communications Commission. Functions of number portability; Details on the cost analysis conducted by Airadigm Communications Inc; Why wireless companies need...
- CALEA Schedule: Unrealistic? // Wireless Week;04/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 17, p1
Reports on the proposal of several United States (US) senators to the US Federal Communications Commission that the CALEA compliance deadline should be extended by at least one year. Reason for extending the deadline.
- Rural senators balk at 700 MHz rules. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;7/22/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p6
Reports on the amended rules for the 700 MHz C- and D-block auction set for August 27, 2002. Statement issued by three U.S. senators about the rules; Details of a letter sent by the senators to the Federal Communications Commission; Provisions of the Auction Reform Act.