TITLE

Color Lights Up New Handset Models

AUTHOR(S)
McCall, Margo
PUB. DATE
March 2002
SOURCE
Wireless Week;3/18/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p1
SOURCE TYPE
Trade Publication
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
Focuses on issues concerning the cellular telephone handset industry. Features handset manufacturers are counting on to drive their 2002 sales; Market shares of handset companies for 2001; Information on the growth of the handset market in 2002; Handset makers that lead the competition. INSET: Wireless Equipment Makers Revise Forecast.
ACCESSION #
6372224

 

Related Articles

  • BlackBerry addictive. Mwanza, Chimwemwe // Finweek;5/18/2006, p106 

    The article presents information on the cellular phones from BlackBerry Inc. The number of worldwide subscribers of BlackBerry is more than 6m out of which, 70% are in North America, with the remaining 30% spread throughout Europe, the Middle East and Asian markets. According to a research...

  • Motorola boosts U.S. handset market share to 29%.  // RCR Wireless News;5/22/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p30 

    The article presents the findings of a research on the market share of cellular telephone companies in the U.S. for the first quarter of 2006 conducted by the NPD Group. It found that Motorola handsets received a 29% overall market share. The firm projected that U.S. consumers bought nearly 35...

  • Foreign phone manufacturers make headway in China. Motsay, Emily // RCR Wireless News;10/4/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p8 

    Presents business news updates related to the wireless handset industry in China as of October 2004. Key players in the country's wireless market; Growth of the code division multiple access services in the market; Reason for the decline in the market shares of Chinese cellphone manufacturers.

  • Nokia. Carter, Ben // Marketing (00253650);5/12/2004, p22 

    Ignoring consumer demand for clamshell phones has been a factor in a 15% profit fall. Until recently, the word Nokia conjured up images of cutting-edge mobile phones and innovative design. Its most recent financial results, for the first quarter of 2004, show sales had fallen by more than 2%...

  • Indirect Channel Seen Growing Cellular Market Share. PALENCHAR, JOSEPH // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;7/5/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p22 

    The article reports that indirect channel has a growing share in the cellular market in the U.S. One of the main reasons seen in this growth is that third-party retailers have a wide array of products from different carriers. Sally Lange Witkowski of BrightStar noted that the prepaid-cellular...

  • CELLPHONE GROWTH CONTINUES.  // Finweek;3/9/2006, p76 

    The article reports on global sales growth for cellular telephones according to research firm Gartner. Worldwide sales of cell phones in 2005 has increased. Mobile vendors including Nokia, Motorola, Samsung, LG, Sony Ericsson and BenQMobile has also increased their market share. The factors that...

  • 'Mysterious Stranger' still hogs the blogs. Carson, Phil // RCR Wireless News;4/14/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p14 

    The article focuses on the status of iPhone from Apple Inc. in the global market as of April 14, 2008. Analysts reported that there are shortages of the iPhone in retail outlets in the U.S. The iPhone is said to be facing competition with other handsets being launched by companies including...

  • Entry Level Phones Drive 16.3% Growth, IDC Finds.  // Electronic News;8/8/2005, Vol. 51 Issue 32, pN.PAG 

    Presents an update on the cellular telephone market as of August 2005. Increase in shipment of cellular telephone units according to IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker; Percentage of market share of Nokia and Motorola; Impact of entry-level phones on vendors and subscribers.

  • Motorola's cell slide resumes. Johnsson, Julie // Crain's Chicago Business;12/15/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 50, p3 

    Motorola Inc. is losing ground again in the cellular telephone market as a supply chain snafu keeps its new camera phones off the shelves during the key Christmas shopping season. After arresting a long slide that began when it lost the top spot in the industry in 1998, Motorola saw its...

  • Customers seeking Motorola products give handset maker U.S. market edge over Nokia. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;2/21/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p15 

    Reports on the increase in the U.S. handset market share of Motorola in December 2004. Percentage of increase in the market share of the company in the cellular telephone services industry in the country; Factors attributed to the increase in the market performance of Motorola; Opinion of...

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of VIRGINIA BEACH PUBLIC LIBRARY AND SYSTEM

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics