Color Lights Up New Handset Models
- Recession To Stall Nokia's U.S. Invasion. Medford, Cassimir // Red Herring;11/19/2008, p5
The article focuses on Nokia's U.S. market share. Although the company owns 40% of the global handset market, it only has an 8% share of the U.S. market. The recession, and the growing popularity of smartphones from Apple, Research In Motion, Samsung, LG, and the emerging dark horse HTC, are...
- ABI: 2Q handset sales up 12%. // RCR Wireless News;8/11/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p13
Reports on the sales of wireless handsets worldwide during the second quarter of 2003. Percentage increase in sales; Factors that influence the growth; Market share of Nokia Corp. and Motorola Inc.
- Handset Vendors Vie For Market Share. // Wireless Week;12/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 25, p24
Presents information on the worldwide cellular telephone terminal market share for the third quarter of 2003. Decline in the market share of Nokia; Percentage increase in the sales of cellular phones.
- Telecommunications. // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;Jan2009, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p6
Brazil began its roll-out of number portability (NP) for both fixed-line numbers and mobiles. Porting requests in the first five days reached just 4,575 but these were not in the largest cities. The country's main business centres will not see NP implemented until the first quarter of 2009,...
- LG sees big market share boost in Europe. // Red Herring;2/6/2008, p3
The article announces the plan of Korean cell phone maker LG Electronics to boost its market share in Europe to 10 percent as it strengthens its third generation phone line-up and boosts its brand. In January 2009, LG, the world's fifth-largest cell phone maker, set a target of increasing its...
- Verizon Wireless installs system in NYC train tunnels. Chamoff, Lisa // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/8/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 23, p25A
Reports on the cellular telephone service in the train tunnels from Verizon Wireless Inc. in New York City.
- BUSINESS & FINANCE. Kilborn, Robert; Nichols, Judy; Burek, Joshua S. // Christian Science Monitor;5/30/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 131, p24
Mentions the expected announcement of the takeover of British mobile phone operator Orange Plc. by France Telecom.
- Off The Mark. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;3/11/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p25
Focuses on the success of the i-mode wireless communication service of NTT DoCoMo. European carriers that launched their version of i-mode; Decision of DoCoMo to scale back the expectations for its commercial third-generation services; Performance of the freedom of multimedia access technology...
- Nokia: sales slump caused by inadequate product range. // MarketWatch: Telecoms;May 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p7
Reports on the tightening competition faced by Nokia Corp. in the mobile telephone industry. Nokia's loss of market share during the first quarter of 2004 due to the strengthening of its competitors; Projected sales of the company for the period; Factors influencing the status of competition in...