Landry's Acquires Muer's Restaurants
- Landry's, others in talks to buy C.A. Muer group. // Nation's Restaurant News;01/15/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p3
Reports the intention of Landry's Seafood Restaurants to purchase C.A. Muer Corporation in Michigan. Acquisition of the Rainforest Cafe Inc.; Enumeration of other potential buyers; Description of restaurants operated by C.A. Muer.
- Muer Corp. gets new owners. Defendis, Megan // Crain's Detroit Business;06/23/97, Vol. 13 Issue 25, p40
Announces the purchase of C.A. Muer Corporation by Chase Capital Partners, Prism Capital and members of management in a leveraged recapitalization. Value of the deal; C.A. Muer's operations; Other announcements made.
- C.A. Muer Corp. launches 3rd Big Fish restaurant. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/10/95, Vol. 29 Issue 27, p27
Reports that C.A. Muer Corp. has opened its third Big Fish concept in West Conshohocken, Pa.
- C.A. Muer's focus on the freshest fish sets it apart from competition. Prewitt, Milford // Nation's Restaurant News;07/20/98, Vol. 32 Issue 29, p142
Reports on C.A. Muer Corp.'s focus on the freshest fish, which sets the seafood dinnerhouse operator apart from its competitors. Procurement of fresh fish; Policy toward farm-raised product; Average bill and target market of parts of the restaurant portfolio.
- C.A. Muer set to spawn more Charley's Crab, Big Fish units. Walkup, Carolyn // Nation's Restaurant News;11/30/98, Vol. 32 Issue 48, p8
Discloses the expansion plans of seafood restaurant chain C.A. Muer Corp. in the United States. Opening of additional Charley's Crab and Big Fish Seafood Bistro; Financial performance of parent C.A. Muer; Menu specialties; Cost of entrees; Company background.
- Muer kin split on sale. Sherefkin, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;9/16/96, Vol. 12 Issue 38, p1
Focuses on the internal rift among businessman Chuck Muer's family members concerning the sale of his restaurant chain and company named C.A. Muer Corp. Controversies surrounding the sale of the company; Sale negotiations; Valuation of company assets.
- FISHIN' IN MICHIGAN. LaVecchia, Gina // Restaurant Hospitality;Jan2001, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p44
Features the Big Fish restaurant owned by the company C.A. Muer Restaurants. Description of the architectural design of the restaurant; Information on the types of food served at the restaurant; Discussion on the marketing strategy of C.A. Muer for the Big Fish restaurant.
- A friendly way with wine. Scarpa, James // Restaurant Business;05/15/98, Vol. 97 Issue 10, p160
Focuses on the availability of a guest-friendly wine list at Southfield, Michigan-based C.A. Muer Corp.'s 20 seafood restaurants. Categories in the list; Wine prices; Positive effect on sales.
- Two new eateries preparing to serve the Cleveland area. Bullard, Stan // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/26/98, Vol. 19 Issue 43, p6
Reports on plans by Carrabba's and C.A. Muer Corp. to establish restaurants in Northeast Ohio. Carrabba's bid to set up a Carrabba's Italian Grill restaurant in Cleveland; C.A. Muer's plan to build a Big Fish seafood restaurant in Westlake.