Landry's Acquires Muer's Restaurants
- Landry's, others in talks to buy C.A. Muer group. // Nation's Restaurant News;01/15/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p3
Reports the intention of Landry's Seafood Restaurants to purchase C.A. Muer Corporation in Michigan. Acquisition of the Rainforest Cafe Inc.; Enumeration of other potential buyers; Description of restaurants operated by C.A. Muer.
- Muer Corp. gets new owners. Defendis, Megan // Crain's Detroit Business;06/23/97, Vol. 13 Issue 25, p40
Announces the purchase of C.A. Muer Corporation by Chase Capital Partners, Prism Capital and members of management in a leveraged recapitalization. Value of the deal; C.A. Muer's operations; Other announcements made.
- C.A. Muer Corp. launches 3rd Big Fish restaurant. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/10/95, Vol. 29 Issue 27, p27
Reports that C.A. Muer Corp. has opened its third Big Fish concept in West Conshohocken, Pa.
- C.A. Muer's focus on the freshest fish sets it apart from competition. Prewitt, Milford // Nation's Restaurant News;07/20/98, Vol. 32 Issue 29, p142
Reports on C.A. Muer Corp.'s focus on the freshest fish, which sets the seafood dinnerhouse operator apart from its competitors. Procurement of fresh fish; Policy toward farm-raised product; Average bill and target market of parts of the restaurant portfolio.
- C.A. Muer set to spawn more Charley's Crab, Big Fish units. Walkup, Carolyn // Nation's Restaurant News;11/30/98, Vol. 32 Issue 48, p8
Discloses the expansion plans of seafood restaurant chain C.A. Muer Corp. in the United States. Opening of additional Charley's Crab and Big Fish Seafood Bistro; Financial performance of parent C.A. Muer; Menu specialties; Cost of entrees; Company background.
- Muer kin split on sale. Sherefkin, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;9/16/96, Vol. 12 Issue 38, p1
Focuses on the internal rift among businessman Chuck Muer's family members concerning the sale of his restaurant chain and company named C.A. Muer Corp. Controversies surrounding the sale of the company; Sale negotiations; Valuation of company assets.
- FISHIN' IN MICHIGAN. LaVecchia, Gina // Restaurant Hospitality;Jan2001, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p44
Features the Big Fish restaurant owned by the company C.A. Muer Restaurants. Description of the architectural design of the restaurant; Information on the types of food served at the restaurant; Discussion on the marketing strategy of C.A. Muer for the Big Fish restaurant.
- C.A. Muer owners fish for a buyer. Kosdrosky, Terry // Crain's Detroit Business;01/22/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p3
Cites a report in 'Nation's Restaurant News,' which announced the plans of C.A. Muer Corp.'s investment-bank owners to sell the seafood restaurant company in 2001. Company background; Investment banks that purchased the company in 1997; Interest of Landry's Seafood Restaurants Inc. in the business.
- Buyout of C.A. Muer Corp. is expected to help grow company. Walkup, Carolyn // Nation's Restaurant News;07/07/97, Vol. 31 Issue 27, p6
Reports on Prism and Chase Capital's completion of the acquisition of C.A. Muer Corp. Prism and Chase's plan to expand the 18-unit chain; Benefits of the acquisition to both companies.