Potential for CRA trouble just doubled
- Watch out for number one. Barefoot, Jo Ann S. // ABA Banking Journal;May90, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p71
Reports the risk of noncompliance with consumer laws by chief executive officer in banks. Reimbursement of customer receiving faulty Truth-in-Lending disclosures; Regulation on the standards regarding Community Reinvestment Act; Discussion on the challenges in assessing compliance errors.
- Combine CRA Loan, Investment Tests. Harvey, Bart; Rubinger, Michael // American Banker;12/6/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 233, p8
Focuses on the support for combining loans and investments under a unified community development financing test. Reasons behind the support for combining loans and investments; Need for a unified financing test; Projects for community development that have been financed by banks.
- Conservancy announces new grant programs for non-profit groups. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/16/94 - 5/23/94, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p43
Announces the invitation of the Greenway Conservancy to all municipalities and non-profit organizations in New York state to submit proposals for the Greenway's Hoffman Community Awards. Funding for trail work, tourism brochures, historic landscape restoration, environmental education projects,...
- Banking on the inner city. Young, Amy E. // Common Cause Magazine;Winter93, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p35
Reports on the need for strengthening the nation's community development financial institutions (CDFIs). Announcement of President Clinton to provide $382 million for CDFIs; Failure of federally insured banks to provide services and credit; Overlooking of profitable market; Inability of CDFIs...
- The price of progress: Infrastructure payment plans you can live with. Lucero, Angelique // American City & County;May97, Vol. 112 Issue 5, p42
Focuses on the building and improving public infrastructure in the United States, with emphasis on the financing of these projects. Information on developer impact fees; Requirement for developers to pay impact fees and a portion of assessments or special taxes; Disadvantages associated with...
- Lenders urged to take the lead in urban economic development. Ludwig, Eugene A. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/23/95, Vol. 16 Issue 16, p5
Opinion. Comments on the importance of safety and soundness in community development lending in the United States. Need for cooperation among regulators, lenders and community group leaders; Increase in delinquencies experienced by Countrywide Funding Corp.; Risk in revolving consumer credit;...
- OCC to offer more leeway on loans by community... Seiberg, Jaret // American Banker;12/28/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 249, p2
Reports on methods undertaken by the Comptroller of the Currency to encourage community development lending. Efforts to reduce restrictions on investments in community development lenders; Requirements by agency; Comments from Comptroller Eugene A. Ludwig; Support of proposed changes.
- Community lending pays off, study finds. Cummins, Claudia // American Banker;9/2/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 169, p9
Reports on the `Community Reinvestment Advocates' guide by the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania indicating the benefits of lending in low-income and moderate-income neighborhoods. Success stories in the book; Consortiums' financing for the development of multifamily loans;...
- In Brief: Nipissing waterfront development receives provincial funding. // Northern Ontario Business;Nov2010, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p6
The article reports that the municipalities of West Nipissing and Sturgeon Falls in Ontario acquired some provincial funding to develop its waterfront around Minneha Bay including the linking of the eastern Ontario to downtown Sturgeon Falls up to the scenic parks on Lake Nipissing waterfront...