Nursing Grand Rounds. Under Pressure: Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension...A Mother's Struggle
- Erratum. // Advances in Pulmonary Hypertension;2016, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p112
A correction to the article "Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension: 'A Journey to Lung Transplant'" that was published in the previous issue is presented.
- Ask the Experts. Pulmonary Artery Catheters and Assessment of Pulmonary Artery Wedge Pressure. Headley, Jan M. // Critical Care Nurse;Aug2014, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p85
The article provides an answer to a question of how often should the pulmonary artery wedge pressure assessment be done on a patient under hemodynamic monitoring with a pulmonary artery catheter.
- A practical guide to using pulmonary artery catheters. Scales, Katie; Collie, Eileen // Nursing Standard;7/4/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p42
This article reviews the physiological principles underlying the use of the pulmonary artery (PA) catheter. The procedure for PA catheter insertion, PA pressure monitoring, PA catheter removal and complications associated with the PA catheter are discussed, as are nursing management of the...
- Pulmonary Hypertension. // Diseases & Disorders: A Nursing Therapeutics Manual, 2nd edition;2002, p841
Presents a nursing guide to pulmonary hypertension, characterized by a systolic pressure in the pulmonary artery that exceeds 30 mmHg. Causes; Assessment of the disease; Primary nursing diagnosis; Documentation guidelines; Discharge and home healthcare guidelines.
- PULMONARY "CAPILLARY" PRESSURE AND ITS RELATION TO LEFT AURICULAR AND PULMONARY ARTERY PRESSURE IN MITRAL STENOSIS. Barrera, Frank; Ascanio, Guido // Angiology;Dec1954, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p528
Presents a study on the association between pulmonary capillary pressure (PCP) and left auricular (LA) and pulmonary artery pressure in patients with mitral stenosis. Characteristics of tracings obtained under the conditions; Usefulness of mean PCP as an index of mean LA pressures; Variations in...
- Pulmonary Artery/Central Venous Pressure Monitoring in Adults. Bridges, Elizabeth // Critical Care Nurse;Aug2016, Vol. 36 Issue 4, pe12
The article presents guidance for critical care nurses in using pulmonary artery/central venous pressure as a guided therapy for pulmonary hypertension. Topics include the decrease in use of pulmonary artery catheters (PAC) in nonsurgical intensive care units, alternative methods for PACs...
- pulmonary artery wedge pressure, pulmonary artery occlusive pressure. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1936
An encyclopedia entry for "pulmonary artery wedge pressure" or "pulmonary artery occlusive pressure (PAWP)," which refers to pressure measured in the pulmonary artery following catheterization, is presented.
- Pulmonary artery occlusion pressure. Pinsky, Michael R. // Intensive Care Medicine;Jan2003, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p19
Examines the pulmonary artery occlusion pressure. Manifestations of pulmonary artery occlusion pressure; Measurements of the pulmonary artery occlusion pressure; Functionalism of these measurements.
- PA CATHETERS. Dulak, Sally Beattie // RN;Sep2003, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p56
Discusses how nurses should interpret pulmonary artery (PA) pressure waveforms taken by PA catheters. Basics of PA catheter use; Correlation of hemodynamic tracing with preceding electrical event; Spontaneous ventilation; Mechanical ventilation; Atrial pressure waves; Pulmonary artery wedge...