Gastrointestinal Disorders. Road Map to Esophagectomy for Nurses
- Gastrointestinal Disorders (Book). // Annals of Internal Medicine;Oct86, Vol. 105 Issue 4, p617
Reviews the book 'Gastrointestinal Disorders.'
- Care of Patients After Esophagectomy. MacKenzie, Donna J.; Popplewell, Pamela K.; Billingsley, Kevin G. // Critical Care Nurse;Feb2004, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p16
Presents an article on the nursing care of patients after esophagectomy designated for continuing education credit. Causes of esophageal cancer; Surgical management of patient with esophageal cancer; Critical care nursing of patient after esophagectomy.
- EB116 Clinical Nursing Education: A Road Map to Success. Watson, Laura // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2015, Vol. 35 Issue 2, pe57
An abstract of the article "Clinical Nursing Education: A Road Map to Success" by Laura Watson and colleagues is presented.
- Gastrointestinal motility disorders. Abell, Thomas L.; Werkman, Robert F. // American Family Physician;2/15/1996, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p895
Provides information on gastrointestinal motility disorders. Physiology of gastrointestinal motility; Methods of measuring gastrointestinal motility; Representative gastrointestinal disorders.
- Formal recognition of specialty. // American Nurse;May/Jun2010, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p15
The article offers information on the announcement of American Nursing Association (ANA) regarding the formal recognition of wound, ostomy, and continence (WOC) nursing as the specialty, designed to improve the quality of life for patient with select disorder such as gastrointestinal and...
- Road Map of Guam. Taboroši, Danko // Field Guides to Caves & Karst of Guam;2004, p108
Presents the road map of Guam.
- The Management of Esophageal Cancer with Situs Inversus Totalis by Simultaneous Hand-Assisted Laparoscopic Gastric Mobilization and Thoracoscopic Esophagectomy. Tatsuya Yoshida; Shinsuke Usui; Haruhiro Inoue; Shin-Ei Kudo // Journal of Laparoendoscopic & Advanced Surgical Techniques;Dec2004, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p384
Situs inversus is a rare disorder. We present a case of esophageal cancer with situs inversus totalis, which was successfully managed by laparoscopic gastric mobilization and thoracoscopic esophagectomy. A 57-year-old man presented to our hospital with intermittent epigastric and retrosternal...
- 2005 Leadership Retreat. // Iowa Nurse Reporter;Mar2005, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p11
Provides information on the 2005 Iowa Nurses Association Retreat on May 26, 2005. Sketch of a road map to the Murray Conference Center where the retreat will be held.
- Ensuring person-centred care in gastrointestinal nursing. Harrison, Penny // Gastrointestinal Nursing;Dec2013, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p49
The author reviews the challenges faced by nurses in delivering individual care. She notes on the difficulty of meeting the individual needs of patients, especially for individual with gastrointestinal disorders. She suggests that person-centered care should start early in the process of...
- CITATIONS AND CLINICIANS' NOTES: MISCELLANEOUS. // Current Medical Literature: Gastroenterology;2005, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p23
Examines a number of studies regarding diseases of the gastrointestinal system. Nurse management of intractable functional constipation; Mental disorders in adolescents with celiac disease; Intussusception in neonates; Ingestion of acid and alkaline agents.