Excellence In Action
- Flying High. Flynn, Meghan // Retail Merchandiser;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p55
The article traces the success story of airport retailer Airport Wireless. Airport Wireless begun as a 90-square-foot cart that sells cellular phones and accessories in the early 1990s. The company's success is said to have come from its close relationships with front-line employees, airports...
- Wireless Week's Internal And External Changes. // Wireless Week;01/15/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p5
Announces the changes in the periodical `Wireless Week.' Reason for the changes; Promotions of employees; Asian edition of the periodical.
- Wireless SuperSite Launches. // Wireless Week;12/04/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 48, p8
Announces the launching of the Internet SuperSite of `Wireless Week' magazine in December 2000. Changes that have been made; Featured content of the site.
- BUSINESS & FINANCE. Kilborn, Robert; Nichols, Judy; Burek, Joshua S. // Christian Science Monitor;5/30/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 131, p24
Mentions the expected announcement of the takeover of British mobile phone operator Orange Plc. by France Telecom.
- Off The Mark. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;3/11/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p25
Focuses on the success of the i-mode wireless communication service of NTT DoCoMo. European carriers that launched their version of i-mode; Decision of DoCoMo to scale back the expectations for its commercial third-generation services; Performance of the freedom of multimedia access technology...
- Wireless Supersite Packs Big Punch. // Wireless Week;12/11/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 49, p12
Presents information on the Web site of the periodical `Wireless Week.' Features of the site; Benefits offered by the site to industry professionals.
- Wireless Week Seeks Product, People Submissions. // Wireless Week;11/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 46, p4
Reports on the 'Wireless Week' magazine's search for articles about emerging interesting product or service.
- MOUs shrink, carriers' ARPU amplifies. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;1/28/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p15
Focuses on the marketing strategy of wireless carriers in the United States to lure customers. Free talk-time offered by wireless carriers; Information on peak and off-peak air times of the carriers; Efforts of carriers to change their marketing offerings.
- 'Boring' carriers will survive down economy. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;4/29/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p3
Reports on the effects of the recession on the wireless communication industry. Prediction on the performance of the industry made by Ovum; Companies who will survive the recession; Resiliency of incumbent carriers.