- Wireless StockWatch. // RCR Wireless News;2/24/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the stocks of wireless communication companies for the period of February 12 to 19, 2003. Top gainers and losers.
- By the Numbers. // Wireless Week;5/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p24
Presents statistical information on the wireless communication industry as of May 1, 2003. Customers added by carriers in their service; Stocks of AT&T Wireless; Accuracy of market predictions in the wireless industry.
- Ripe to pick. Varma, Tanvi // Money Today;Nov2009, p22
The article discusses the implications of an ongoing price war in the mobile telephone industry in India as of November 2009. It is inferred that the price war emerges from the per second billing proposed by Tata DOCOMO and the rate reductions offered by new mobile operators such as ATS. The...
- BUSINESS & FINANCE. Kilborn, Robert; Nichols, Judy; Burek, Joshua S. // Christian Science Monitor;5/30/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 131, p24
Mentions the expected announcement of the takeover of British mobile phone operator Orange Plc. by France Telecom.
- Off The Mark. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;3/11/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p25
Focuses on the success of the i-mode wireless communication service of NTT DoCoMo. European carriers that launched their version of i-mode; Decision of DoCoMo to scale back the expectations for its commercial third-generation services; Performance of the freedom of multimedia access technology...
- MOUs shrink, carriers' ARPU amplifies. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;1/28/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p15
Focuses on the marketing strategy of wireless carriers in the United States to lure customers. Free talk-time offered by wireless carriers; Information on peak and off-peak air times of the carriers; Efforts of carriers to change their marketing offerings.
- 'Boring' carriers will survive down economy. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;4/29/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p3
Reports on the effects of the recession on the wireless communication industry. Prediction on the performance of the industry made by Ovum; Companies who will survive the recession; Resiliency of incumbent carriers.
- Wireline carriers blast Sprint's reciprocal compensation request. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;06/12/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p30
Discusses the controversy between the wireline and wireless industries of the United States regarding the wireless industry's request for a change in the way reciprocal compensation is calculated, to take into account additional costs incurred by commercial mobile radio services.
- Middle East, Africa poised for growth. // RCR;06/12/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p48
Highlights The Strategis Group's forecast of a significant increase in cellular and third-generation technology subscribers in the Middle East and Africa for 2007.