Leaping Ahead And Taking A 3G 'Slice'
- Verizon rolls out 1x in select cities. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;1/28/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p1
Focuses on the launching of the cdma2000 1x services by Verizon Wireless. Number of subscribers of the company; Competitors of the company; Details on the services of the company; Expectation of the company from the cdma2000 1x services.
- Qualcomm spinoff leaps into U.S. GOHRING, NANCY // Telephony;01/11/99, Vol. 236 Issue 2, p8
Reports that Leap International is moving into the United States (US) with a code, division multiple access local loop strategy. Stake of Leap in Chase Telecommunications; Information on the ChaseTel; Other negotiations of Leap in the US.
- Pegaso PCS launches in Monterrey, Mexico. // RCR;09/13/99, Vol. 18 Issue 37, p70
Informs on the announcement by Leap Wireless International Inc. and its Mexican joint venture, Pegaso PCS, that Pegaso will launch in Monterrey, Mexico. Introduction of CDMA service.
- Leap reports subscriber adds just below guidance. // RCR Wireless News;7/8/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p6
Reports on the number of subscribers attracted by Leap Wireless International Inc. to its Cricket service in the second quarter of 2002.
- T-Mobile USA, Leap ready to roll out AWS markets. Kapko, Matt // RCR Wireless News;3/17/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p5
The article reports on the launch by Leap Wireless International Inc. and T-Mobile USA Inc. of devices that make use of 1.7/2.1 GHz spectrum bands in the U.S. Leap released the first CDMA handset to support the 1700 MHz spectrum band. T-Mobile launched the first GSM device capable of supporting...
- Leap shows strong growth. Hill, Kelly // RCR Wireless News;3/5/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p5
The article reports on the plans of Lead Wireless International Inc. to offer Code Division Multiple Access 2000 1x Evolution Data Only service in its market by the end of 2007. The company is expected to introduce prepaid products in the second quarter of 2007. Al Moschner, chief marketing...
- South Korea: a CDMA success story. McClelland, Stephen; Letcher, Piers // Telecommunications - International Edition;Sep2004, Vol. 38 Issue 9, pS6
Reports on the CDMA cellular phone technology market in South Korea as of September 2004. Success of mobile and broadband Internet telecommunications in South Korea; Factors which drive mobile telephone market; Role of government subsidy on handsets.
- 3G builds momentum. Burley, Nathan // Wireless Asia;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p27
No abstract available.
- Optimizing Sites. Beach, Tarre // Wireless Review;01/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p20
Reveals how telecommunication carriers can optimize their cellular sites. Advantages of using CDMA technology; Benefits of downtilting antennas; Significance of keeping downtime to a minimum.