Levine Sprints Toward Future, Not Retirement
- Sprint PCS targets business user with one-number service. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;1/28/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p17
Highlights the new option added by Sprint PCS for its Clear Wireless Workplace service as of January 22, 2002. Details of the service options; Benefits employees get from the service options.
- Late News. // RCR Wireless News;7/8/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p1
Presents updates on the cellular telephone service industry as of July 8, 2002. Schedule of the launch of the next-generation network of Sprint PCS; Decision of Verizon Wireless to select Nortel Networks to support its packet switching equipment.
- Mobile Video Moves Into Mainstream. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;12/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 25, p8
Predicts the future of the application of mobile phones in viewing video recordings. Popularity of multimedia and picture messaging among consumers; Video messaging services offered by Sprint PCS; Outlook on the revenue generation of video messaging.
- BITS. // Wireless Week;12/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 25, p16
Presents news briefs on the wireless communication industry as of December 15, 2003. Industry code of conduct for wireless marketing campaigns released by the Mobile Marketing Association; Service introduced by Sprint PCS and Yahoo! Inc.; Titles unveiled by Nokia for its N-Gage mobile gaming...
- Infonxx wins Sprint PCS business. // RCR Wireless News;6/16/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p7
States that Sprint PCS will start offering enhanced directory assistance services from Infonxx. Estimate on the savings Sprint PCS will get from the deal; Details on the services which Infonxx will provide to subscribers of Spint PCS; Deals made by Sprint PCS with several companies.
- Alltel's move could alter rural outlook. Hill, Kelly // RCR Wireless News;3/19/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p1
The article reports on the implications of the planned merger of Alltel with a lager telecommunication service provider. According to Jan Dawson, vice-president of Ovum's U.S. enterprise practice, the gap between the largest and smallest wireless carriers in the U.S. would widen even further if...
- Sprint to gain 1M Qwest customers. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;8/11/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p3
Reports on the agreement signed by Qwest Communications International Inc. to transfer its wireless subscribers to Sprint PCS. Terms under the agreement; Benefits of the agreement on Qwest; Views of analysts on the agreement.
- RealNetworks embraces Java with Sprint PCS content deal. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;8/11/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p7
Reports on the agreement signed by streaming-video company RealNetworks Inc. with Sprint PCS. Services offered by RealNetworks; Customers of RealNetworks; Terms under the agreement.
- More Momentum for Mobility. Tombes, Jonathan // Communications Technology;Jan2010, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p5
The article reports that various mobile companies are expanding their business because of increased consumer demand. It mentions that in November 2009, Google Inc. announced that it will buy AdMob Inc. for 750 million dollars. It states that the investments from Time Warner Cable Inc., Intel...