- Cingular Stresses Quality, Not Quantity. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;01/28/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p6
Deals with the focus of Cingular Wireless to quality in marketing wireless communications for the third and fourth quarter of 2001. Total number of subscribers reported by Cingular Wireless for both quarters; Objective of the quality practice; Comparison of Cingular Wireless' subscribers in...
- Cingular launches in N.Y. through network sharing. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;7/8/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the entry of Cingular Wireless in the cellular telephone services market of New York. Reputation of the company; Expectation of the company on its entry into New York; Information on the services of the company.
- BITS. // Wireless Week;4/8/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 14, p20
Provides news briefs concerning the cellular telephone services industry as of April 8, 2002. Details on the service launched by Verizon Wireless in a number of new markets; Plan of Cingular Wireless to invest in its network in the Western states in 2002; Update on the acquisition of IWO...
- Slow growth hits Cingular, Alltel. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;1/28/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p3
Reports on the decline of the customer growth of Cingular Wireless and Alltel Corp. in the fourth quarter of 2001 as compared with last year for the same period. Number of subscribers of the companies; Factors that contribute to the decline; Information on the operations of the companies.
- BITS. // Wireless Week;10/7/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 36, p15
Presents news on the cellular telephone services industry in the U.S. as of October 7, 2002. Terms of an agreement of Alopa Networks with ARRIS; Information on the launching of the service of MetroPCS; Expansion of the Rollover plan of Cingular Wireless.
- CINGULAR ADDS MORE THAN 38 CELL SITES IN MISSISSIPPI. // RBOC Update;Oct2006, p8
This article reports on the effort of Cingular Wireless to continue expanding its Mississippi network and activated a number of new cellular-telephone sites since the beginning of 2006. In addition, the company is also committed to meeting the service needs of consumers who are less fortunate. A...
- Rolling out GPRS only half the battle. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;1/28/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p14
Deals with the challenges facing cellular telephone service companies after they launched the GPRS services. Information GPRS network of AT&T Wireless and Cingular Wireless; Marketing issues which the companies must address; Lack of available handsets that can support the GPRS network.
- CENTURYTEL BACK IN WIRELESS WITH VIRTUAL OPERATOR PLAY. Fitchard, Kevin // Telephony;9/27/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 18, p16
Reports that CenturyTel will be reselling Cingular Wireless voice service business. Comment of CenturyTel chief operating officer Karen Puckett regarding the decision to resell Cingular Wireles; Launch of a mobile virtual network operator business; Plan to integrate wireless directly with its...
- WIRELESS CAPEX ON THE RISE. Fitchard, Kevin // Telephony;9/27/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 18, p26
Cites the result of a study pertaining to the capital expenditure of wireless carriers in the United States. Increase expenditure on wireless infrastructure; Commitment of Verizon Wireless to the deployment of its 3G network; Implications of Cingular Wireless' merger with AT&T Wireless.