Carriers In Fix Over Subscriber Growth
- Nationwide carriers (minus Sprint PCS) expect solid 2Q. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;7/1/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 26, p1
Predicts the customer addition of wireless communication carriers for the second quarter of 2002. Forecasted subscriber additions of Sprint PCS; Views of analysts on the revision; Affiliates of Sprint PCS that revised their customer additions.
- Sprint PCS Breaks Yet Another Record. // Wireless Week;02/07/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p15
Offers a look at the 1999 growth recorded by Sprint PCS of Kansas City, Missouri. Number of customers added for the fourth quarter; Average monthly revenue per user; How much the company spent to build its nationwide network.
- Sprint PCS beats analyst expectations. // RCR Wireless News;4/9/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p3
Reports the status of the subscriber base of Sprint PCS in the United States as of April 2001. Number of direct and resale customers it added to its subscriber base; Bases for its business growth.
- THE CHURN BURN. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;1/1/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p10
The article focuses on the number of subscribers of wireless telecommunication carriers in the U.S. in 2006. Sprint Nextel was able to increase its postpaid subscription count to 2.4% due to its high-speed mobile services. Verizon Wireless indicated a 1.24% total churn with 1.15% retail and...
- Sprint Nextel boots unhappy customers. Hill, Kelly // RCR Wireless News;7/9/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p25
The article reports on the decision of Sprint Nextel Corp. to cancel some subscribers despite several quarters of struggling to hold onto users. Sprint spokeswoman Roni Singleton said that the decision to cancel some subscribers came after long deliberation and an audit of Sprint Nextel...
- Wireless ads could be next value-add. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;05/22/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 21, p84
Explores consumer privacy issues surrounding wireless Internet advertising in the United States. Benefits gained by telecommunication carriers from wireless Internet; Information on the business model developed by AdForce; Stance taken by Sprint PCS.
- The Fusic: LG aiming for market's 'sweet spot'. Carson, Phil // RCR Wireless News;6/19/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p11
The article announces the release of the Fusic cellular telephone from LG Electronics Co. Ltd. aimed at the technology savvy youth market. The model touted by LG and its exclusive carrier patron, Sprint Nextel Corp. is a co-branded, clamshell-style handset priced at $180 at Sprint Nextel that...
- Spring Warns Of Lower Adds. // Wireless Week;6/17/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 24, p4
Reports on the warning issued by Sprint PCS concerning a lower additional subscribers for the first quarter of 2002. Effects of the news on the stocks of the company; Anticipated growth in the subscribers of Sprint PCS.
- Sprint Nextel wades into targeted-ad waters. Gibbs, Colin // RCR Wireless News;6/30/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p1
The article reports on the strategy carried out by Sprint Nextel Corp. in enhancing mobile advertising in the U.S. It states that the company has utilized the information it gathers from its customers which aims to effectively address the needs and demands of its clients. In addition, the...