Motient's Reorganization Plan Progresses
- Motient Files For Chapter 11. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;1/14/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p7
Reports that wireless data company Motient Corp. had filed for bankruptcy in the Eastern District of Virginia on January 10, 2002. Description of the reorganization plans of the company; Services which the company provides; Discussion on the finance-related activities of Motient.
- Motient Finds Cash To Keep Moving. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;10/22/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 43, p12
Deals with the plan of Motient Corp. for keeping its operations running as it undergoes restructuring. Sources of funds for the company's operations; Significance of a cooperative effort between Motient and TMI Communications to ensure the funds for the company; Information on the MobileModem...
- Motient to Reorganize Under Chapter 11 Process. Spector, Phillip L. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2002 Q1, p1
The article reports on a voluntary reorganization plan filed by two-way wireless data network provider Motient Corporation with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia in December 2006. The company reported $238 million in assets against $495 million in debts, defaulted on...
- Motient leader replaced by consultants. // RCR Wireless News;2/16/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p6
Deals with the decision of wireless data carrier Motient Corp. to replace its President and CEO Walter Purnell with consulting firm Communications Technology Advisors L.L.C. (CTA) as part of its restructuring strategy. Responsibilities of CTA for Motient; Reason for the replacement; Plan of the...
- Motient initiates reverse share split. // RCR Wireless News;8/20/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p8
Talks about a reverse stock split plan of Motient Corp. Goal for taking the move; Schedule for the casting of votes on the reverse stock split by shareholders.
- Motient Misses a Coupon, but Still Meanders. Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/22/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 40, p1
Announces the failure of Motient Corp. to handle bankruptcy in 2001. Amount of coupon missed by Motient on its tranche of senior notes due in April 2008; Details on the trading of Motient's bonds; Services offered by the company.
- Motient Continues To Shed No Light on Talks with Bondholders. Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;11/12/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 43, pN.PAG
Reports on the conference organized by Reston, Virginia-based wireless communications provider Motient Corp., to discuss future business plans, during its third quarter ending October 30, 2001. Absence of a comment by the company's officials on their ongoing discussions with bondholders;...
- Motient cuts staff by 29%. // RCR Wireless News;8/5/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p5
Focuses on the decision of Motient Corp. to cut its work force by 29 percent to save money in a tight economy. Number of workers the carrier will employ after the cuts.
- Motient connects Palm V to its national network. // RCR Wireless News;9/24/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p10
Reports on the debut of Motient Corporation's wireless MobileModem by Motient designed for use with the Palm V, Palm Vx, and IBM WorkPad c3 PC Companion. Target market for the device; Features and applications of the device; How the device will be sold.