RIM Enters The Voice World
- Mobile gadgets. Wong, Ken // NetworkWorld Asia;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p42
The article evaluates several mobile equipment including the Apple iPad from Apple Inc., the ThinkPad Edge laptop from Lenovo Inc., and the Blackberry Storm2 smartphone from Research in Motion Ltd.
- The sharks of the Internet. Rice, J. F. // Asia Cloud Forum;9/25/2015, p1
The article offers the author's insights on the difference between the attacks of the hackers and simple dysfunction in the event of the slowing down of mobile communication devices.
- Newton users can stay LAN-connected wirelessly. Moeller, Michael // PC Week;3/6/95, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p44
Reports on Photonics Corp.'s introduction of the Cooperative Adapter for the Newton, a diffused information retrieval adapter which allows wireless direct connection between Newton users and their LocalTalk networks. Product's system of operation; Retail price; Power supply; Contact information.
- TECH TIP. // District Administration;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p24
The article reports on the findings of Gartner, a research and advisory firm, that mobile devices are growing more quickly than personal computer (PC) market with Smartphone sales predicted to surpass 600 million by 2012 while PC is projected to reach 400 million on the same year.
- John Deere introduces Mobile Farm Manager app. // Farm Industry News Exclusive Insight;11/19/2012, p3
The article previews the Mobile Farm Manager application (app) for the iPad and iPhone mobile devices from John Deere.
- Is Your Campaign Optimized for Today's Second Screen Reality? Koeppel, Peter // Response;Dec2014, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p44
The article focuses on the benefits of optimizing one's marketing campaigns to be suited for second screen media. It mentions that second screen media is used by 84% of the consumers that comes in the form of mobile communication devices including smartphones and tablet computers. It cites the...
- New directions in payroll. MCCLURE, DAVE // Accounting Today;Jun2014, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p34
The article focuses on the changes in payroll technology and payroll management which involves mobile computing, cloud computing and having 24-hour-seven-days-a-week access as companies shift from using desktop computers to online and mobile devices. Topics discussed include the use of...
- The power of mobile technology. // Credit Management;Dec2006, p43
The article focuses on the increasing popularity of handheld computers which have become widely used over the past few years. It enables access to 46 million contact details on a one gigabit memory card. Users would be able to look up details at any time during on-the-ground debt collection and...
- THE STATE OF MOBILE DEVICE BACKUP. SLACK, ERIC // Storage Magazine;Aug2013, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p20
The article focuses on backing up data on mobile devices. The bring-your-own-device (BYOD) movement as representing big data protection challenge for companies is presented, wherein laptop computers, smartphones and tablet computers are not easily incorporated into a traditional backup plan....