CBP Issues RFI for Integrated Logistics Support
- Don't dread electrical-system troubleshooting. Van De Valk, Larry // Grounds Maintenance;Oct97, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p33
Offers tips on maintenance and repair of electrical systems. Ignition systems; Charging systems; Cranking systems; Safety-interlock systems; Accessory systems.
- Get better calibrations. Romanchik, Dan // Quality;Apr97, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p63
Offers tips on the maintenance of electronic equipment. Includes understanding the difference between accuracy specified in percent and parts per million; Paying attention to the connection; Minimization of mode changes; Use of calibration as needed.
- An introduction to troubleshooting. Goldwasser, Sam // Electronics Now;Nov97, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p23
Presents tips for basic troubleshooting of electronic apparatus and devices. Rules of troubleshooting electronic devices; Common problems of electronic devices; Using moistened finger to probe low-voltage circuits.
- Monitors and magic. Rakes, Charles D. // Popular Electronics;Sep98, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p55
Responds to inquiries related to repair of electronic apparatus. Designing a circuit for monitoring incoming mails; Developing a whistle-activated switch circuit that could be used to operate a relay and drive an external load; Rectifying the DC power supply shortage in a workbench.
- Common VCR Problems. Goldwasser, Sam // Poptronics;May2000, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p47
Focuses on common problems associated with videocassette recorders (VCR). Classification of problems in cassette-holding mechanism; Issues concerning fundamental fast-forward and rewind mechanisms; Causes of VCR problems; Recommendations for VCR maintenance.
- Finding information. Goldwasser, Sam // Electronics Now;Jan1998, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p24
Opinion. Presents the author's advice on how to access information when doing an electronic troubleshooting. Use of service manuals; Finding an older manuals and literature; Using the Internet as source of information.
- SURVIVAL OF THE SMARTEST. // Boating;Oct2007, Vol. 80 Issue 10, p100
The article present tips on how to fix electronic equipment.
- Fix it for fun. Thompson, Brad // Test & Measurement World;Jan2001, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p9
Comments on the influence of the Internet on providing a forum for maintenance concerns for electronic appliances. Emergence of specific newsgroups that cater to specific maintenance concerns; Availability of repair assistance and services.
- Remote vision system guides repairs. // Vision Systems Design;Aug2011, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p5
The article reports on the development of an augmented reality system to help technicians repair factory or field equipment, by researchers at the Fraunhofer Institute for Communication, Information Processing and Ergonomics (FKIE) in Wachtberg, Germany.