AS&E Gets $2M ZBV Order for Customs Agency
- Portable X-Ray Imaging. // R&D Magazine;Nov/Dec2015, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p19
The article offers information on the MINI Z Handheld Z Backscatter Screening System from X-ray equipment manufacturer American Science and Engineering Inc.
- Milestones. // Time;2/4/2013, Vol. 181 Issue 4, p17
The article presents an overview of news events as of February 2013 including the death of former baseball team manager Earl Weaver, the discontinuation of the full-body scanners at U.S. airports, and the launching of U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama's account on microblogging website Twitter.
- Will full-body scanners keep you safe and secure? OVERTON, GAIL // Laser Focus World;Mar2013, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p45
The article discusses the deployment of backscatter x-ray full-body scanners for safety. It states the increase rate in the deployment of full-body scanners at airports, cargo facilities, and checkpoints to detect various threatening materials including guns, metal objects, and explosives....
- Rape My Brain But Don't Touch My Junk. // Progressive Populist;12/15/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 22, p19
The article discusses the new security-screening regimen at 68 major U.S. airports in 2010 that uses modern technology including backscatter body- image scanner and cites the complaints by passengers against the pat-down procedure applied by airline personnel.
- Investigations of Backscatter Differential Phase in the Melting Layer. Trömel, Silke; Ryzhkov, Alexander V.; Zhang, Pengfei; Simmer, Clemens // Journal of Applied Meteorology & Climatology;Oct2014, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p2344
Backscatter differential phase Î´ within the melting layer has been identified as a reliably measurable but still underutilized polarimetric variable. Polarimetric radar observations at X band in Germany and S band in the United States are presented that show maximal observed Î´ of 8.5Â°...
- The relationship between ultrasonic backscatter and trabecular anisotropic microstructure in cancellous bone. Chengcheng Liu; Dean Ta; Fuminori Fujita; Takuma Hachiken; Mami Matsukawa; Katsunori Mizuno; Weiqi Wang // Journal of Applied Physics;2014, Vol. 115 Issue 6, p1
To investigate the relationship between ultrasonic backscatter and trabecular microstructure, ultrasonic backscatter measurements were performed on cylindrical bovine cancellous bone samples in vitro. The backscatter signals from different specimen angles were obtained by rotating the specimen...
- Would You Take Our Reader Survey? - ProPublica. Tofel, Richard // Pro Publica;12/ 6/2011, p16
In this article, readers are urged to participate in various surveys pertaining to national issues airport security, and X-ray body scanners.
- Exploding Pancakes! Suderman, Peter // Reason;Apr2011, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p12
The article focuses on the findings of a study, conducted by "The Journal of Transportation Security," on the new backscatter X-ray body scanners of the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA), that revealed that the scanners are unable to detect bombs shaped like pancakes.
- Backscattering Interferences in WDM Optical Transmission System. Fuzhen Xie // International Journal of Control & Automation;Dec2013, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p231
Wavelength division multiplexed-passive optical networks (WDM-PONs) are attractive solutions for future broad band access networks. However, WDM can be relatively expensive to implement owing to the cost of the specified wavelength sources. The reflective structure is a common solution to solve...