Telefonica Expands in Mexico
- Telefonica Buys Majority Stake in Mexican Mobile Provider. Spector, Phillip L. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2002 Q1, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of Mexican wireless operator Pegaso PCS by Telefonica. Telefonica plans to merge Pegaso and its subscribers into the Mexican arm of its cellular unit, Telefonica Moviles. Moviles is expected to face the challenge of attracting customers away from rival...
- Mexican acquisiton for TelefÃ³nica. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Aug2002, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the clearance received by Telefonica from the Mexican anti-trust authority to acquire a 65 percent stake in mobile telecommunications operator Pegaso PCS. Earlier agreement signed by Telefonica with Grupo Pegaso to purchase shares from Sprint, Leap Wireless and other non-Mexican...
- UPDATES: briefs. // Communications News;Jul99, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p82
Presents updates on the telecommunication industry as of July 1999. Launching of the wireless network of Pegaso PCS company; Acquisition of the business operation and assets of AT&T Unisource Communications Services by Infonet Services Corp. and Unisource NV.
- MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS. // 2.5G-4G;Dec2012, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p4
The article presents news briefs related to mergers and acquisitions in the telecommunication industry. American Tower Corp. is planning to acquire Pegaso PCS' 2,500 towers worth 500 million dollars. Velti PLC has purchased Great Britain-based mobile marketing firm Mobile Interactive Group....
- Qualcomm signs supply agreement with Pegaso. // RCR;07/20/98, Vol. 17 Issue 29, p48
Presents information on an agreement signed between Qualcomm Incorporated and Pegaso PCS S.A. de D.V., to supply approximately $650-million of infrastructure equipment and deployment services in Mexico from 1998 until 2001. Value of the purchase orders that the company has received; Background...
- Starting From Scratch. Mandel-Campbell, Andrea // Latin Trade (English);Oct99, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p56
Features Mexico's telecommunications company Pegaso. Status of the company; Competition in the industry; State of the telecommunication industry in the country.
- Pegaso PCS begins commercial service in Guadalajara. // RCR;09/06/99, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p7
Focuses on Pegaso PCS Sa de CV's plan to begin launching personal communication services in Guadalajara, Mexico.
- Sprint studies taking stake in Mexican carrier. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;11/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 47, p1
Reports that Sprint Corp. is in deep negotiations with owners of Mexican wireless operator Pegaso PCS to gain a stake in the carrier. Implications of an ownership agreement; Sprint's first foray into the international wireless market.
- Telefonica to buy Pegaso shares. // RCR Wireless News;5/13/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p28
Reports on the agreement entered by Telefonica Moviles to buy out the remaining shares of Pegaso PCS from its partners. Estimated value of the shares of Sprint Corp.; Amount to be received by Leap Wireless International Inc.