Secondary Markets Supported
- NTIA identifies <3GHz spectrum for reallocation to private sector. // Mobile Radio Technology;Jul98, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p42
Cites the spectrum reallocation report by the United States Commerce Department's National Telecommunications and Information Administration. Identification of radio frequency below 3Ghz for reallocation to non-federal use; Uses of frequencies below 3GHz by the federal government.
- Kids grants. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/5/93, Vol. 123 Issue 14, p32
Announces that the National Endowment for Children's Educational Television (NECET) is accepting applications from producers of children's TV programing who may be eligible for $3 million in federal production grants appropriated by Congress as a result of the Children's Television Act of 1990. ...
- NTIA: Global outlook presents problems, opportunities. Wayne, Debra // RCR;04/06/98, Vol. 17 Issue 14, p24
Presents an estimation on the liberalization of the global telecommunications marketplace, by the United States National Telecommunications and Information Administration. Details on the World Trade Organization (WTO) treaty; Amount of countries covered by the WTO; Comments from Vice President...
- Info alert. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Oct96, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p16
Reports on the publication of the 1996 version of the wall chart depicting the frequency spectrum allocations to United States radio services by the National Telecommunications & Information Administration.
- NTIA promotes opportunities for U.S. companies through... Echols, Elizabeth S. // Business America;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 118 Issue 1/2, p28
Discusses the mission of the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) which includes promoting policies that will bring the benefits of the Global Information Infrastructure (GII) to all people around the world. How the NTIA will achieve the promise of the GII;...
- Telecom/IT grants. // R&D Magazine;Mar98, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p75
Announces that the National Telecommunications and Information Administration will conduct a competition for $17 million in grant funds in 1998. Part the Telecommunication and Information Infrastructure Assistance Program (TIIAP) will play in the competition.
- The NTIA needs to rethink its role in the new telecommunications environment. Hellerstein, Judith // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Aug96, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p22
Reports on the efficiency of the National Telecommunications Information Administration. Implication of the US Congress' move to dismantle the Commerce Department on the role of NTIA in the telecommunications environment; Role of the government on the telecommunications environment; Effects of...
- LMCC works to share spectrum with feds. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;05/04/98, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p4
States that informal contacts with the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) have been commenced by Land Mobile Communications Council's (LMCC) representatives. Details on the NTIA; Confirmation from NTIA; Comments from Dan Phythyon, chief of the Federal...
- Public's digital interest is being met online. Shaw, Russell // Electronic Media;02/02/98, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p22
Features the official Web site for the National Telecommunications and Information Administration's Advisory Committee on Public Interest Obligations of Digital Television Broadcasters. Why the site was created; Type of issues that will be featured on the site; Information on the committee.