- Tight capital market forces Mericom restructuring. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;3/11/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p7
Deals with the move of Mericom Corp. to restructure its operation. Number regional offices closed by the company; Reason for the restructuring.
- Verizon chooses Mericom for Oregon tower project. // RCR Wireless News;11/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 47, p23
Reports on the contract awarded by Verizon Wireless to Mericom Corp. Project awarded to Mericom; Coverage of the licenses acquired by Verizon Wireless.
- Wireless network design firm to enter Utah market this summer. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;06/04/2001, Vol. 30 Issue 47, p3
Reports on the expansion of wireless network designer Mericom Corp. in Utah. Acquisition of an office space at Interchange Business Park; Employment of real estate professionals and engineers to develop the business unit; Impact of the move on the operations the company.
- Financial Squeeze May Help Outsourcing Firms. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;2/11/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p24
Reports on the benefit posed by the cost-cutting measures among wireless communication carriers to outsourcing firms. Percentage of Mericom Corporation's business which comes from tower companies; Opportunity presented by network-sharing arrangements for outsourcing firms.
- Tower show finalists named. // RCR Wireless News;10/22/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p21
Presents a list of finalists for the 2001 Excellence in Business Awards. American Tower Corp.; Mericom Corp.; Conti Communications Incorporated.
- HR's role `to navigate through restructuring' MacLachlan, Rob; Thatcher, Mike // People Management;05/04/95, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p18
Discusses the role of personnel management in navigating through company restructuring. Challenge posed by corporate renewal; Phases of corporate renewal.
- Ready, set, re-engineer. Levine, Barry G. // CA Magazine;Aug94, Vol. 127 Issue 6, p39
Focuses on the concept of corporate re-engineering in Canada. Companies' need for reengineering; Understanding the concept of process; Challenge to the status quo; Changes in customer requirements.
- Impact on employees ignored. // CA Magazine;Mar1995, Vol. 128 Issue 2, p16
Reports on findings of a survey on executives and employees' perception of change initiatives conducted by Princeton, N.J.-based Kepner-Tregoe Inc. Impact of change initiatives according to executives; Decline in morale among employees due to changes.
- RE-ORG CHART. // Orange County Business Journal;3/24/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p1
Discusses corporate reorganizations in Orange County, California. Date started; Workforce reduction; Unresolved issues.