It Takes Guts...And Open Standards
- AT&T, vendors demonstrate UMTS, EDGE services. // RCR Wireless News;12/9/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 49, p11
Focuses on the demonstration of the EDGE and UMTS technologies by wireless carriers in Dallas, Texas in 2002. Carriers which participated in the demonstration; Highlights of the demonstration.
- celebrating 50 YEARS OF TECHNOLOGY. // Electronic Design;3/18/2002, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p24
Describes developments in technology. Wireless networks for data communications systems; Power reductions; Development of solid state microwave power sources.
- From Macaroni to Modules: New Wireless Communications Technology Depends on Advanced Component Integration. Klettke, Scott // ECN: Electronic Component News;Feb2003, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p74
Focuses on the dependence of wireless communication technology on advanced component integration. Evolution of wireless communications; Occurrence of component integration growth; Demand of customers for more integration.
- What's hot & what's not. WICKHAM, RHONDA L. // Wireless Review;01/01/99, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p5
Predicts the 21st century's technologies and trend in the wireless industry. High-speed data; Broadband; Mergers and acquisitions.
- A WIN-Win Situation? Crowe, David // Wireless Review;01/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p30
Discusses a technological development in wireless telecommunications systems. Features of the technology; Services that can be offered by the technology.
- Top 10 Metrics. // Wireless Review;12/1/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p14
Focuses on the top wireless carriers in the United States compiled from information supplied by individual carriers as of December 2001. Basis for the wireless carrier ranking; Definition of next-generation technologies.
- TAKING WIRELESS BULL BY HORNS. Dodge, John // eWeek;1/21/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p56
Comments on the increasing demand of wireless technology. Usability of wireless technology; Suitability of wireless application for consumer flexibility; Tips on consumer anticipation for wireless technology needs.
- Warming Up To Sweden's Arctic Circle. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;2/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p16
Describes wireless communications technology use in the northern part of Sweden. Wireless technology used by residents; Details on a tour of the north sponsored by Invest In Sweden Agency; Technology used by LKAB mine workers.
- MAPPING THE NEXT GENERATION WIRELESS. Fitchard, Kevin // Telephony;10/29/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 18, p26
Forecasts the implementation of two-and-a-half and third generation wireless communication technologies until 2007 based on a research by Ovum. Implementation of the technologies in regions around the world; Subscribers of the technologies. INSET: SHOWING THE MONEY.