NextWave Reaches Its Crest
- Carriers continue spectrum search. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;3/11/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p1
Explains that cellular telephone service companies in the U.S. are searching for spectrum they need for their operation. Implications of the decision of the U.S. Supreme Court to review the case U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) versus NextWave Telecom Inc.; Information on the...
- NextWave Files Arguments. // Wireless Week;6/24/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 25, p4
Reports on the arguments filed by NextWave Telecom Inc. at the U.S. Supreme Court on June 21, 2002. Arguments of the Federal Communications Commission on bankruptcy protection; Information on NextWave's bid for the spectrum.
- Lawmakers, NextWave urge Supreme Court to reject FCC's arguments. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;6/24/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p6
Reveals that some lawmakers in the U.S. joined bankrupt NextWave Telecom Inc. on June 21, 2002 in urging the U.S. Supreme Court to reject arguments by the Federal Communications Commission that would allow the agency to cancel NextWave's PCS C- and F-block licenses. Warning given by the...
- Wireless Static Rises. Gohring, Nancy // Interactive Week;8/13/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 31, p13
Focuses on the move of the United States (U.S.) Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to ask the U.S. Supreme Court to review the wireless service license of Next Wave Telecom. Speculations on the decision of the FCC; Details of the ruling of the appeals court on the licenses of Next Wave;...
- Supreme Court Sets February 1 Deadline for Nextwave Response. Spector, Phillip L. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2002 Q1, p1
The article reports on the decision of U.S. Supreme Court to grant a 14-day extension of the deadline of Nextwave's response to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) request for high court review of the DC Circuit's June 2001 decision that restored to NextWave C- and F-block PCS...
- Supreme Court Accepts Nextwave Case. Spector, Phillip L. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2002 Q1, p1
The article presents information on the decision of the U.S. Supreme Court to review the June 2001 DC Circuit ruling that overturned the ruling of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to revoke the licenses. The acceptance of the case by the Supreme Court gives new life into the...
- Supreme Court takes FCC vs. NextWave. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;3/11/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Supreme Court to accept the case U.S. Federal Communications Commission versus NextWave Telecom Inc. Details of the case; Ruling of the lower courts on the case; Importance of the case to the cellular telephone service industry.
- NextWave Case Awaits 'Supreme' Decision. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;9/3/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 36, p16
Reports on the decision of the United States (U.S.) Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to petition the U.S. Supreme Court to review the 1996 NextWave Telecom Inc. case. Facts of the case; Background on the dispute between FCC and NextWave; Reaction of wireless carriers on the effort.
- Auction Deposits Or Ransom Money? Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;3/18/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p14
Reports on the U.S. Supreme Court case involving the re-auction of the licenses of NextWave Telecom Inc. by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Information on the re-auction deposits; List of buildout deadline of NextWave for its licenses; Bankruptcy law violation committed by the...