New drugs and dosage forms
- Treatment of chronic anal fissure with topical nitroglycerin ointment 0.4%: a prospective clinical study. Perez-Legaz, J.; Arroyo, A.; Ruiz-Tovar, J.; Lopez-Delgado, A.; Frangi, A.; Moya, P.; Santos, J.; Candela, F.; Calpena, R. // Techniques in Coloproctology;Dec2011, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p475
A letter to the editor is presented regarding the use of the commercial nitroglycerin (NTG) ointment RectogesicÂ® or glyceryl trinitrate 0.4% in treating chronic anal fissure.
- Nicorandil Versus Nitroglycerin for Symptomatic Relief of Angina in Patients With Slow Coronary Flow Phenomenon: A Randomized Clinical Trial. Sani, Hashem Danesh; Eshraghi, Ali; Nezafati, Mohammad Hassan; Vojdanparast, Mohammad; Shahri, Bahram; Nezafati, Pouya // Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology & Therapeutics;Jul2015, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p401
Objective: Patients with the coronary slow flow phenomenon frequently experience angina episodes. The present study aimed to compare the efficacy of nicorandil versus nitroglycerin for alleviation of angina symptoms in slow flow patients. Methods: In a single-center, single-blind,...
- Topical anal fissure treatment: placebo-controlled study of mononitrate and trinitrate therapies. Tankova, Ludmila; Yoncheva, Krassimira; Kovatchki, Daniel; Doytchinova, I. // International Journal of Colorectal Disease;Apr2009, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p461
The present study aims to evaluate and compare the efficacy of two nitrate gels, containing isosorbide-5-mononitrate (ISMN) or glyceryl trinitrate (GTN), in the therapy of chronic anal fissure. The patients were randomly assigned to three groups: 0.1% ISMN gel (21 patients), 0.1% GTN gel (21...
- Successful use of 0.2% Glyceryl Trinitrate ointment for anal fissures in Erbil city, Iraq. Zangana, Abdulqadir M.; Dizaye, Kawa F. // Middle East Journal of Family Medicine;Oct2014, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p18
Aim of the study: To assess the clinical efficacy of 0.2% glyceryl trinitrate ointment in the management of acute and chronic anal fissures. Patients and Methods: A prospective clinical study conducted on consecutive patients presented to the surgical clinic of Erbil teaching Hospital, Erbil...
- Glyceryl trinitrate treatment of chronic fissure in ano: One year's experience with 0.5% GTN paste. Palazzo, F.F.; Kapur, S.; Steward, M.; Cullen, P.T. // Journal of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh;Jun2000, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p168
Assesses the efficacy of topical glyceryl trinitrate paste in the treatment of chronic fissures in ano. Outcome of treatment at 12 weeks; Side effects, pain score and healing rate.
- Dependence on nitro paste? R.M.D. // Cortlandt Forum;6/25/96, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p116
Presents an answer to the query regarding the possible development of tolerance or dependence with the use of nitroglycerin paste for conditions that would respond to vascular dilatation, such as peripheral vascular insufficiency and impotence. Mechanism of action; Efficacy; Incidences of...
- Nitroglycerin. // Reactions Weekly;10/22/2011, Issue 1374, p27
The article describes the case of two elderly female patients, aged 82 and 77 years, who experienced headache and dizziness after receiving topical 2% nitroglycerin ointment for chondrodermatitis nodularis helicis.
- Nitroglycerine: Solving a Century-Old Puzzle. // Medical Update;Jun2002, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p4
Presents the findings of a study conducted by researchers at Duke University Medical Center which identified the enzyme responsible for the negative effects of nitroglycerine to patients with angina.
- Crossover study of glyceryl trinitrate patches for controlling pain in women with severe... Pittrof, R.; Lees, C. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);4/6/96, Vol. 312 Issue 7035, p884
Reports on a crossover study of glyceryl trinitrate patches for controlling pain in women with severe dysmenorrhea. Research design; Subjects; Adverse reaction to the skin patches; Efficacy of the patches; Comments on the study.