"Don't 'Cheat,' Just Eat Smart"
- Ask the Weight-Loss Coach. Skolnik, Heidi // Men's Health (10544836);Mar2006, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p70
The article answers questions on weight loss. Metabolism needs a workout of its own. One intriguing plateau buster comes from a 2004 University of Colorado study, which linked increased energy flux, or the total amount of calories your body processes in a day, to increased metabolism. Use shakes...
- ASK THE WEIGHT-LOSS COACH. Skolnik, Heidi // Men's Health (10544836);Jun2007, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p80
The article presents questions and answers related to weight loss issues. A reader asks how he can stop and prevent his post-marathon weight gain. Another reader questions what are the most realistic weight loss exercises and nutritional programs to eliminate an estimated twenty pounds of his...
- the best way to curb cravings. Kuzemchak, Sally // Shape;Sep2008, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p188
The article presents several questions and answers relating to weight loss such as do people stop craving junk food once they give it up and what is the best way for people to monitor their progress when on a diet.
- how to achieve any slim-down goal. // Shape;Sep2010, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p26
The article presents several questions and answers relating to losing weight including what does a person have to do in order to lose 30 pounds in four months and what can women do to tone their thighs without making them look bulky.
- the best way to fight diet envy. Plosser, Liz // Shape;May2009, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p196
The article presents questions and answers regarding weight loss including how can a woman stop feeling envious of her sister for losing weight quicker than her and is it true that eating less is more important then exercising in order to lose weight.
- avoid travel fat traps. Pressner, Amanda // Shape;Apr2008, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p180
The article presents questions and answers concerning weight loss, including ways to stay slim on a business trip and chocolate addiction.
- stay full on a vegetarian diet. // Shape;Jun2007, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p204
The article presents questions and answers related to weight-loss. One person says that she recently turned to a vegetarian food and asks that ever since she has stopped eating meat, why it is so that she always feels hungry. Another person says that she has heard of a new over-the-counter diet...
- 8 things you always wanted to know about dieting. Plosser, Liz // Shape;Aug2008, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p156
The article provides answers to questions about reducing diets, including whether chewing celery burns calories, whether coffee increases one's metabolism enough to help with weight loss and whether it is better to eat a donut than nothing at all for breakfast.
- slimming down, side by side. Plosser, Liz // Shape;Mar2009, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p164
The article presents questions and answers related to weight loss including whether it is a smart decision for couples to diet together and whether alternate-day fasting leads to weight loss.