Transport development projects, subsidies hit land-purchase snag
- Present Possibilities of Railroad Electrification. // Congressional Digest;Oct23, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p30
Discusses requirements of a locomotive power equipment capable of successfully meeting the transportation needs of the United States. Availability for service; Electrification possibilities; Economies in operation.
- More Tesco goods by rail. // Rail Business Intelligence;6/5/2008, Issue 319, p3
The article reports on the grants given by the Scottish government to Eddie Stobart Ltd. and John G. Russell for rail freight services. According to Stewart Stevenson, Transport Minister, the funding will remove 3.17 million lorry-miles from the country's roads and deliver Ã³6.3 million in...
- Away from the RAILS. // Railways Illustrated;Dec2008, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p94
The article offers news briefs related to railway industry. Direct Rail Services Ltd. (DRS) has bought another Deltic railway. EWS Railways decided not to send 58001 railroad train abroad as it will be preserved at Barrow Hill Ltd. Network Rail Ltd. (NR) has worked with the European Rail Traffic...
- Christmas for Trains. // Time;12/24/1973, Vol. 102 Issue 26, p87
The article reports on the approval of a Northeast rail reorganization bill by the U.S. Senate. It states that the rail organization bill aimed to fix the Northeast railroads that are susceptible for disaster. It notes that the bill expanded to include the Ann Arbor and a ruined Michigan line...
- A stretch of the old Erie has another new operator: CNY. Hartley, Scott A. // Trains;Apr2005, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p16
Reports on the shift of control of the former Erie Railroad main line in New York and Pennsylvania from Norfolk Southern to the Central New York (CNY) Railroad. Information on railroad lines being leased by CNY; Factors that led to the transfer of railroad operation; Efforts of CNY to achieve...
- Railroads and Land Grant Policy (book). Due, John F. // Transportation Journal (American Society of Transportation & Log;Fall83, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p88
Reviews the book 'Railroad and Land Grant Policy,' by Lloyd J. Mercer.
- The Canadian Pacific Railway and the Development of Western Canada, 1896-1914 (Book). Decker, Leslie E. // American Historical Review;Feb1991, Vol. 96 Issue 1, p293
Reviews the book "The Canadian Pacific Railway and the Development of Western Canada, 1896-1914," by John A. Eagle.
- PRIVATE TRANSPORTATION COMPANIES. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2009 Book of Lists, p124
A list of the top private transportation companies in Las Vegas, Nevada for 2009 ranked based on the number of local employees is presented, including Bell Trans, Limousines, Sedans & Buses, AWG Charter Service and Presidential Limousine.
- The impact of weather and climate on transport in the UK Thornes, John E. // Progress in Physical Geography;Jun1992, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p187
No abstract available.