Private International Schools
- Poor economy means private schools face hard times ahead. // Education (14637073);6/5/2009, Issue 357, p4
The article discusses comments by Christopher Jones, chairman of the Rodean School's governing body, regarding how private schools will be affected by the economic recession. At an annual conference of the Independent Schools Council, Jones suggested that student enrollment could drop and...
- Pupil numbers at private schools on the rise. // 14-19 Learning & Skills Bulletin;4/27/2012, Issue 54, p6
The article reports on the data released by the Independent Schools Council (ISC), which reveals the increase in the number of students at private schools in Great Britain. It states that the survey, completed by more than 1,200 private schools, showed that the number of independent school...
- Maintaining enrollment levels means trying new things. MCGRAW, DANIEL J. // Crain's Cleveland Business;6/16/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 24, p0011
The article describes the initiatives of some private high schools in Northeast Ohio to maintain their enrollment levels. It cites the decision of Villa Angela-St. Joseph High School (VASJ) in 2009 to be more selective and reject about one-third of the applicants in 2013. It also notes the...
- Puerto Rico's largest private schools. Vicente, Javier // Caribbean Business;2/10/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p59
Ranks the largest private schools in Puerto Rico according to total enrollment in 1998 to 1999. Top spot taken by Colegio Catolico Notre Dame in Caguas; Year founded; Annual tuition fee; Registration period; Language of instruction; Executive director or headmaster.
- Private Schools Experience Surge in Popularity. Ardizzone, Sally // San Diego Business Journal;2/3/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p14
Reports on the increasing enrollment of the private schools in California. Popularity of the academic reputation; Result of the educational budget cuts; Construction of additional classrooms.
- Tarrant County's largest private schools. Rowe, Valerie E. // Fort Worth Business Press;04/07/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 50, p14
Lists the largest private schools in Tarrant County, Texas, as ranked by Spring 2000 enrollment. Grades taught; Student/teacher ratio; Application requirements; Varsity sports; Annual tuition.
- Denton County's largest private school. Rowe, Valerie E. // Fort Worth Business Press;04/07/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 50, p15
Lists the largest private schools in Denton County, Texas, as ranked by Spring 2000 enrollment. Grades taught; Student/teacher ratio; Application requirements; Varsity sports; Annual tuition.
- Private schools. Snetzko, Laura A. // Fairfield County Business Journal;8/05/96, Vol. 35 Issue 32, p6
Lists private schools in Connecticut, ranked by 1996-1997 enrollment. Total number of staff; Tuition fee; Boarding costs; Student/teacher ratio; Special services; Contact information.
- The 4P's of healthy enrollment. Erdmann, David // Independent School;Spring2002, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p58
Provides tips to improve independent school enrollment. Assessment of family satisfaction with the education standard of the school; Considerations in promoting the school; Need to prioritize affordability and accessibility at the independent-school budget considerations.