Language schools put emphasis on business basics and learning luxuries
- Miami-Dade board votes to close financially struggling charter school. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;4/19/2012, p6
The article cites a report from "The Miami Herald" on the vote of the Miami-Dade County School to close the Balere Language Academy in the South Miami Heights area that was accused of holding late-night parties in its cafeteria.
- FRENCH STUDY GUIDE 2014. // France Today;Dec2013/Jan2014, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p87
An introduction to a journal section which features language schools in France is presented.
- SCHOOL LISTINGS. // France Today;Dec2013/Jan2014, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p91
No abstract available.
- Seattle Language Academy experiences rising demand. Dietrich, Heidi // Journal of Business (10756124);8/21/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 17, pA20
Features the nonprofit school Seattle Language Academy in Seattle, Washington. Language programs offered by the school; Competition of language schools in the area.
- Summer language program uses total immersion to teach... // Curriculum Review;Nov90, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p9
Presents information about a unique summer school in Minnesota where students learn German, French, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish, Danish, Russian, Chinese, and Japanese. How the summer language program operates.
- Giving a voice to teachers and students in an outcomes-based approach. Jones, Phillip David // ELT Journal: English Language Teaching Journal;Oct2009, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p387
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Process-Oriented Pedagogy: Facilitation, Empowerment, or Control?" by R. Alexander, that was published in a previous issue.
- A Brief Account of the English School in Lhasa. Nyima, Kasho Chogyal; Dorje, Lhalu Tsewang // Tibet Journal;Winter2011, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p41
The article presents a reprint of the article "A Brief Account of the English School in Lhasa," by Kasho Chogyal Nyima Lhalu Tsewang Dorje, which appeared in the book "Selected Materials on the Tibetan History and Culture." Volume 2. It provides a historical account of the establishment of an...
- Kent grammar educate la crÃ¨me de the independent sector. // Education (14637073);5/4/2012, Issue 465, p6
The article reports that nearly one in 10 places of grammar schools in Kent, England are provided to students who are privately educated at primary level, raising questions over how selective secondary education can benefit students who cannot afford private education.
- ISLA speaks the language of success. Díaz, Mario Belaval // Caribbean Business;5/19/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 19, p39
The article reports on the growth in business of the Institute for Second Language Acquisition (ISLA), the only Spanish-language-immersion school in Puerto Rico.