A course for change
- ARIZONA: Universities Get Skimped. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/26/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33255, p9
The article reports on the late payment made by the Arizona government to the state universities including Arizona State University with 35 million dollars, University of Arizona with 30 million dollars, and the University of Northern Arizona with 10 million dollars.
- University of Texas System Readies $175 Million Sale. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/10/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31424, p4
Focuses on the offer for Permanent University Fund flexible-rate notes in Arlington, Texas. Management of University of Texas' Investment Management Co.; Bids for the competitive deal; Rate of flexible-rate notes triple-A.
- Untitled. // Adults Learning;Nov2010, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p6
The article discusses the report released by the University and College Union in Great Britain which shows that colleges in some deprived areas of England will be affected by the British government's decision to scrap the Educational Maintenance Allowance (EMA).
- FE Accounts delay could affect grants. // Public Finance;12/15/99, p5
Reports the failure of several further education colleges to file annual accounts on time in Great Britain.
- N.H.'s Two Year Colleges. // New Hampshire Business Review;2000-2001 Lists, Vol. 22 Issue 27, p98
Lists the two year colleges in New Hampshire. Names of chief executive officers; Number of enrollees; Amount of tuition; Cost of room and board; Location of the colleges.
- N.H.'s Senior Colleges & Graduate Schools. // New Hampshire Business Review;2000-2001 Lists, Vol. 22 Issue 27, p100
Ranks the senior colleges and graduate schools in New Hampshire according to number of enrollees in fall 1999. Location of the colleges; Year founded; Names of chief executive officers; Tuition for residents and nonresidents; Cost of room and board.
- Purchase College awarded grant. // Westchester County Business Journal;1/6/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p18
Focuses on the grant given to Purchase College Foundation by the Westchester Community Foundation in New York. Development of a cross-disciplinary program to explore the various aspects of German culture; Provision of a range of activities to the community; Performance of three-concert series.
- New La. Law Ties College Funding To Performance. // Community College Week;7/27/2010, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p3
The article reports that Louisiana's state funding for its public colleges will be at least in part depend on a new performance-based formula, which divides 25% of the state funding to schools after considering their graduation rates, skill training for high-need job areas, and other standards.
- Cutting the universities down to size. Bourn, Michael // Accountancy;Nov85, Vol. 96 Issue 1107, p14
Focuses on the reduction in the funding of universities and colleges in Great Britain. Negative impact on the education system; Introduction of voluntary severance schemes; Proposal to renew teaching posts principally in science and technology.