Media losing their way, but tax authorities' conduct sounds alarms
- WEEK IN REVIEW. // Prague Business Journal;12/16/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 48, p2
Features news briefs from the Czech Republic business sector as of December 16, 2002. Decline of inflation in November 2002; Percentage of unemployed in November 2002; Awarding of the eight 'Exporter of the Year' award to automobile maker Skoda Auto by the Czech Agrarian Chamber; Ruling of...
- The Best Banks in OECD. Haddock, Fiona; Coorey, Madeleine // Global Finance;Oct99, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p34
Offers a look at the best banks in the member countries of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development. Total assets of Australia & New Zealand Banking Group; Net income of Bank Austria; Equity growth of Royal Bank of Canada; Shareholder equity of Ceskoslovenska Obchodni Banka.
- AN ANALYSIS OF PRE AND POST-ACQUISITION FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE OF TARGET CZECH BANKS: A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS. Long Hoang Pham // Journal of Eastern European & Central Asian Research;2014, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p1
The objective of the study is to analyze and compare the pre and post-acquisitions financial performance of four banks, namely ÄŒSOB, KomerÄnÃ banka, ÄŒeskÃ¡ spoÅ™itelna and HypoteÄnÃ banka through ratio analysis, with greater emphasis on ROA, RONW, EPS, DE and NPM as...
- International and Domestic Challenges to Comprehensive National Cybersecurity: A Case Study of the Czech Republic. Kostyuk, Nadiya // Journal of Strategic Security;Spring2014, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p66
While many countries and companies have fallen victim to cyber attacks over the past few years, including American companies such as Apple, Microsoft, and Facebook, Czech websites remained relatively safe until March 2013, when they were interrupted by a series of cyber attacks. Even though the...
- MOL's Slovnaft takes â‚¬200 mln loan. // Energy Today (Hungary);12/9/2013, p1
The article reports that oil refining company Slovnaft has signed a 200-million euros syndicated loan, which was coordinated by Czech Republic-based commercial bank CSOB.
- Tales of the expected. Carey, Nick // Prague Business Journal;3/18/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p18
Presents an interview with Pavel Kavanek, chief executive of Ceskoslovenska Obchodni Banka (CSOB) in the Czech Republic. Allegations of tax evasion by Kavanek; Career background; Speculations on the future of Kavanek with CSOB.
- Angels in the atmosphere, and a devil of a wait for news on CSOB. Dragomir, Marius // Prague Business Journal;12/10/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 49, p12
Reports developments related to company operations in Czech Republic as of December 2001. Advertising campaigns initiated by Allied Domecq; Status of advertising project employed by Ceskoslovenska Obchodni Banka; Operations background of the companies.
- Pilip calls 'monopoly' CEZ's ad spending a waste of taxpayers' money. Dragomir, Marius // Prague Business Journal;3/25/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p13
Reports developments in the advertising and media sector in Czech Republic as of March 2002. Advertising campaign of the energy provider ÄŒEZ; Choice of advertising agency by ÄŒeskoslovenskÃ¡ ObchodnÃ Banka; Announcement of RadioMobil on the winner of the tender for the press relations.
- Prima clears way for investment, license. Dragomir, Marius // Prague Business Journal;3/18/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p1
Focuses on the end of the ownership dispute of Prima TV owner GES Group with Ceskoslovenska Obchodni Banka in Prague, Czech Republic. Renewal of the broadcasting license of Prima TV; Implications of the protracted dispute; Benefits of the end of the dispute for Prima TV.