CEZ looks East after failure to find Western partner
- CEZ Faces New Pressure. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/24/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 43, p16
Reports on the uncertainty over the immediate future of the largest Czech electricity producer, CEZ SA. Tough conditions that the anti-monopoly office attached to the company's proposed takeover of state stakes in regional electricity distributors in late 2002; Threat from trade unions at two...
- CEZ warns it will quit deal if price changes. Johnstone, Chris // Prague Business Journal;2/17/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the threats by the Czech Republic-based electricity producer, CEZ SA that it will walk away from its planned purchase of government shareholdings in regional distribution companies if the price changes. Details about the deal; Reassessment of the purchase price; Prospects for the...
- ÄŒEZ surge fuels PX-50 gains. Halilovič, Emir // Prague Business Journal;5/6/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 18, p23
Reports the business performance of ÄŒez SA for the second quarter of 2002. Increase of market share; Analysis on the revenue growth of the company; Role of the ÄŒez company in the electric industry.
- Sale of CEZ criticised. // International Power Generation;Nov2001, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p6
Reports the criticism of Belgian power generation group Electrabel on the sale of Czech generation company CEZ. Decline of Electrabel in the participation in the privatization tender; Reason for the sale of the company; List of bidders for the company.
- New CEZ Deal Valuation Ruled Out. // Emerging Europe Financial Alert;3/3/2003, Vol. 1 Issue 38, p5
Reports on the plans of antitrust office of Czech Republic to make a concession with the government regarding the power company CEZ. Variations in the company's stock price during August 2002-February 2003; Chances for the revaluation of the company's planned takeover of five regional...
- CEZ gets green light to join Slovenske bid. // Utility Week;7/25/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p11
Reports on the decision of the Slovak government to allow Czech power utility CEZ to take part in the tender offer for Slovak power generator Slovenske Elektrarne. Other bidders.
- CEZ: eastern Europe feels the squeeze. // MarketWatch: Energy;Oct2006, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p6
The article presents information on the business strategy of the Czech electric power supplier CEZ. Majority of CEZ is owned by the Czech government and it exports 50 percent of the output to neighboring countries and other Eastern European countries like Hungary, and Slovakia. Due to...
- CEZ growth strategy stays as Mil departs. Andress, Mark // Utility Week;11/14/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p12
Reports on the dismissal of Jaroslav Mil, chief executive and chairman at CEZ, an electricity company. Comments from Petr Voboril, replacement of Mil at his post; Reason behind Mil's dismissal; Criticism on the management changes at CEZ.
- CEZ Among Europe's Top Ten Energy Giants. Novákovâ, Eva // Czech Business & Trade;2008, Issue 9/10, Special section p16
The article presents a corporate profile for CEZ Group, one of the leaders in the electricity market in Europe. Accordingly, the parent company and core of CEZ Group is the largest electricity producer in Czech Republic. Besides the Czech Republic, CEZ Group also operates in more than ten...