WEEK IN REVIEW
- Shanghai business model is fine-tuned. // Finance Week;4/20/2005 Ad Review, p53
Reports on the growing acceptance of the revolutionary agency model pioneered by The Old Shanghai Firecracker Factory among clients in South Africa. Eagerness of new clients including SAB Miller, Cadbury, Europ Assistance SA Gensec, Dell Computers, Rent Works and Datatec-Westcom MAE to the part...
- HOW CHINA WILL GO GLOBAL. Ingram, Chris // Campaign;2/17/2006, Issue 7, p32
The article focuses on the views of the author on Chinese brands. At present, a very high proportion of Chinese exports are white-label goods, made for Western companies. Alternatively, they are made by Chinese workers in foreign-owned factories in China. The only way to capture a lot more of...
- Ginger hot on tourist trail. Hartnett, Nadine // Australian Horticulture;Jan2005, Vol. 103 Issue 1, p26
Focuses on the Ginger Factory at Yandina on Queensland's Sunshine Coast, which processes edible ginger and showcases non-edible ginger plant varieties and closely related plants. History of the family-owned business; Background on the exportation of ginger-based products by the factory; Types...
- 'Maquila 101' opens Mexico to business. // Inside Tucson Business;8/25/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p1
The article provides information on a one-day program designed to prepare business owners for developing sales in Mexico's large manufacturing sector. The Arizona U.S. Export Assistance Center will lead this business opportunity called "Selling to Mexico's Maquiladoras 101." Maquiladoras are...
- Kneader opens China plant. Dawson, Brad // Rubber & Plastics News;4/22/2002, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p13
Reports the opening of the Kneader Machinery Co. Ltd. dispersion mixer facility in China. Specifications of the plant; Implications for local employment; Background of the company.
- BUILDING THE WORLD'S NEXT PLANTS. // Industry Week/IW;Jun2002, Vol. 251 Issue 5, p19
Introduces several articles on the integration of the manufacturing facilities of companies.
- Business diary. // Crain's Detroit Business;05/10/99, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p22
Reports on developments in Detroit, Michigan, business enterprises as of May 10, 1999. Plans of Berh America Inc. to build an automotive supplies plant in Webberville, Michigan; Merger between Pacific Industrial Components Corp. and Harison Electric USA Inc.; New products and services.
- NEW PLANT REPORT. // New Plant Report;Jul2012, p1
The article lists industrial plants from global companies which include Deb Group in Sydney, New South Wales, Syngenta AG in Brazil, and Montupet SA in Ruse, Bulgaria.
- German plants head abroad. Powers, Mary Buckner // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/9/95, Vol. 235 Issue 15, p11
Reports on the exodus of German plants to other locations. Mercedes-Benz automobile assembly plant in Alabama; Labor unions as one of the reasons plants are moving abroad; Comments from Heinz Gottwick, director of economic communication at Mercedes-Benz.