Last-ditch legal challenges lodged to halt construction of Nemak auto parts plant
- 10 Best Lean, Green Warehouse Networks. // Material Handling Management;Feb2008, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p6
The article presents the 10 Best Lean Green Warehouse Networks for 2008 in the U.S. as picked by Chicago Consulting. These networks set benchmarks for companies concerned about their carbon footprint and how more efficient distribution can reduce it. Topping the list is Bloomington, Indiana,...
- Major changes to Clean Air Act a threat to public health. Krisberg, Kim // Nation's Health;Oct2003, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p7
Reports on the possible public health impact of the major changes made by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to the federal Clean Air Act that regulates routine maintenance at the nation's industrial facilities, as of October 1, 2003. Concern of environmental organizations about the...
- Plan carefully, now!, to make transition to a CFC-free environment. Smithart, Eugene L. // Plant Engineering;7/8/93, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p112
Reports on the phases for chlorofluorocarbon-free planning of industrial plants. Phase of ignoring; Phase of containment; Phase of conversion; Phase of replacement.
- A guide to clean inplant air. // Professional Safety;Aug97, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p1
Presents an outline of the third in a series of white papers released by Aercology Incorporated, which focus on topics related to inplant air collection and filtration. Definition of the basics of inplant air collection and filtration; Discussion of the nature of clean air in industrial...
- Suffering Sumgait. // Earth Island Journal;Winter96/97, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p11
Reports on the efforts of environmental activists and scientists to mobilize the Western world to clean up Sumgait, Russia, a former site of chemical and industrial factories.
- Nemak's European Project is Underway. // Foundry Management & Technology;Jun2002, Vol. 130 Issue 6, p6
Reports the business plans of Nemak S.A. in Czech Republic. Development of aluminum automotive parts; Production of cylinder heads for Jaguar models; Expansion of Nemak in North America.
- Avoid the rush: Preparing now for emissions reduction requirements makes good engineering... Tawney, Samuel S.; Katzel, Jeanine // Plant Engineering;11/6/95, Vol. 49 Issue 14, p66
Discusses potential impact of Title III in the Clean Air Act on plants. Title III as the regulations that require the reduction of facility emissions; Things that a company can do to prepare for Title III; Strategies that can help in gaining an understanding of the potential cost impact of...
- Environmental Exposure to Chromium Compounds in the Valley of Leon, Mexico. Armienta-Hernandez, Maria Aurora; Rodriguez-Castillo, Ramiro // Environmental Health Perspectives Supplements;Feb95 Supplement 1, Vol. 103, p47
The effects on the environment and health of the operation of a chromate compounds factory and tanneries in the Leon valley in central Mexico are discussed. Sampling and analysis of chromium were performed in water, soil, and human urine. Groundwater has been polluted in an area of about 5...
- Green Business Bureau certifies plants. // Fabricare Canada;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p6
The article offers information on the certification program of the Green Business Bureau for industrial plants.