THE BOTTOM LINE
- UCI buys Ster cinemas in region. Csonka, Ágnes; Dragomir, Marius // Budapest Business Journal;3/11/2002, Vol. 10 Issue 14, p12
Reports the consolidation between Ster Century Europe and United Cinemas International (UCI) Ltd. in Hungary. Influence of the buyout on the dominance of UCI in the multiplex regional market; Personal views of V.J. Maury, general director of UCI, on the business operation of the company;...
- United nabs Ster screens. Dawtrey, Adam // Daily Variety;3/15/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 11, p7
Reports the acquisition of Ster Century cinemas by the United Cinemas International Central Europe.
- UCI pulls out of plex project. Foreman, Liza // Daily Variety;10/17/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 32, p6
Reports that UCI will pull out of a completed multiplex project in Berlin, Germany.
- CIRCUIT BREAKERS. Dawtrey, Adam // Variety;6/25/2001, Vol. 383 Issue 6, p33
Reports on the sale of multiplex theaters in Europe. Reason for the sale; Slowdown in the exhibition of motion pictures; Companies that consolidated; Number of theaters to be opened by the Ster Century Europe company; Prediction for the industry in the second half of 2001.
- Ster Century to bow Edinburgh multi. Andrews, Sam // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;01/18/2000, Vol. 361 Issue 18, p167
Reports on international cinema operator Ster Century's plan to open a 12-screen multiplex theater in Edinburgh, Scotland. Ster Century as European subsidiary of Africa-based Ster Kinekor; Number of multiplexes opened in 1999; Further expansion plans.
- Ster bows Prague 10-plex amid dip in aud. Meils, Cathy // Daily Variety;10/10/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 27, p8
Reports on Ster Century's opening of a multiplex theater in Prague, Czech Republic. Features of the theater; Seating capacity; Audience base; Ticket price.
- Ster Century renews multiplex drive. Meils, Cathy // Daily Variety;09/29/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 20, p6
Focuses on Poland-based Ster Century's multiplex theater projects in Central Europe. Launch of the Janki multiplex theater on September 21, 2000; Decline of motion picture grosses.
- NEW COIN STIRS STER. Foreman, Liza // Daily Variety;7/20/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 34, p9
Reports on the discontinued sale of Pan-European multiplex chain Ster Century Europe due to the restructuring of its South African shareholder Primedia Inc. Refinancing package arranged for Ster by Primedia and other shareholder Kersaf; Amount of package; Multiplex plans; Separation of Primedia...
- National nabs UCI. de la Fuente, Anna Marie // Daily Variety;11/2/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 23, p18
Reports on the acquisition of exhibitor circuit of UCI Co. by National Amusements Inc. in Brazil.