Retailers count cost of new consumer laws
- Fire safety review still smouldering. // Cabinet Maker;4/12/2002, Issue 5282, p1
Reveals the plans of the Dept. of Trade and Industry to review the flammability regulations in the furniture industry in Great Britain. Aim of the agency to enhance consumer safety; Conference of several agencies with trade associations; Failure of the department to produce proposals.
- No news is bad news. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;4/12/2002, Issue 5282, p1
Comments on issues concerning the plans of the Dept. of Trade and Industry to review the Furniture and Furnishings Regulations in Great Britain. Conference of the agency with trade associations; Reasons for the delays in revising the regulations; Problems in which the proposed review would address.
- First time DTI funding for Polish show. // Cabinet Maker;12/12/97, Issue 5068, p35
Reports on the decision of the Great Britain Department of Trade and Industry to sponsor British participants to the Meble/Drema furniture show in Poland scheduled for May 4-8, 1998.
- New strings on the bow: consumer guarantees. Twigg-Flesner, Christian // Consumer Policy Review;May/Jun2002, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p88
Analyzes proposals for the implementation by the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) in Great Britain of the Directive on Certain Aspects of the Sale of Consumer Goods and Associated Guarantees adopted by the European Union (EU). Background on the Consumer Guarantees Directive of the EU;...
- Report will be an interesting read. Kid, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;02/23/2001, Issue 5226, p8
Comments on issues related to the furniture industry in Great Britain. Decision of the Department of Trade and Industry to prosecute Graham Winter and Gareth Moore of the Maples Group; Formulation of a consumer payment protection scheme; Expectation for the broadcasting of a special report on...
- DTI pulls plug. // Cabinet Maker;4/19/2002, Issue 5283, p3
Reports the decision of the Great Britain Department of Trade and Industry to close Craftsman Kitchens and Craftsman Kitchen in Great Britain. Complaints of customers about incomplete kitchens; Question on the misleading advertisements of the company.
- Slow to move online. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;06/21/2002, Issue 5292, p6
Discusses the findings on the attitude of the furniture industry in Great Britain toward the use of electronic commerce. Reference to the report 'Ecommerce Impact Study of Domestic Furniture,' commissioned by the Department of Trade and Industry; Percentage of firms that would use electronic...
- DTI stands by devastating export funding support cuts. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;06/05/98, Issue 5091, p2
Reports on the British Department of Trade and Industry's decision to cut financial support for furniture firms exhibiting at overseas trade shows. Trade show organizers' loss of funds for the cost of administration and manning group stands; Furniture makers' launching of a united campaign in...
- DTI Funds Just 20 Shows in 1999 and Drops Core Status. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;10/23/98, Issue 5111, p3
Reports that furniture manufacturers exhibiting at overseas shows will receive Great Britain's Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) funding for 1999. Cologne show's lost of its event status; Organization of export support through trade associations; Funding scheme under the Support for...