Without A Harry Potter Book, Scholastic Needs New Magic In 2002
- Financial Briefs... // Educational Marketer;1/21/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p7
Reports on the decrease in revenues of the New York-based educational publisher Scholastic.
- Scholastic Education Benefiting from School Emphasis on Reading. // Educational Marketer;10/13/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 29, p6
Reports on the benefit received by Scholastic Corp. from the school's emphasis on reading in the U.S. Statement of Margery Mayer, division president at Scholastic Corp.; Revenues in the education division; Emphasis on the improvement of reading skills.
- Scholastic to publish Teletubbies tie-ins. // Publishers Weekly;3/23/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 12, p16
Reports on the agreement reached by Scholastic to publish a series of books based on Teletubbies, the children's program produced by Itsy Bitsy Entertainment Company and Ragdoll Productions Ltd. Scholastic's plan to market a wide range of books and tie-in products.
- Not known for its bestsellers, Scholastic is surprise success of `99. // Book Publishing Report;01/03/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p7
Reports on the success of publisher Scholastic Inc. in 1999. Entry of its eight books in the New York Times bestseller list; Revenues for the year.
- Textbook Publishers Venture Into Staff-Development Frontier. Hoff, Y David J. // Education Week;5/22/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p6
Reports on the New York City-based textbook publisher Scholastic Inc.'s venture into professional development through Scholastic red program. Benefit of the program to teachers; States where the publisher will be offering sessions for explaining the optimal way to use the program; Address of the...
- Wizards and Web Sites: Diversified Scholastic Thriving. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;3/27/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p8
Features the children's publishing company Scholastic Inc. in New York City. Amount of revenues for 2001; List of principal businesses; Goal of achieving standard education through books published.
- Scholastic Adds Warehouse in Arkansas. // Publishers Weekly;6/10/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 23, p12
Reports on the move of Scholastic company to consolidate the distribution for its home-oriented continuities book business in a warehouse in Maumelle, Arkansas. Expectations on the growth of the workforce in the warehouse; Appointment of Lance Robinson as general manager of the Maumelle site;...
- Scholastic/Reference. Lodge, Sally; Maughan, Shannon // Publishers Weekly;7/19/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 29, p166
Lists children's books published by Scholastic/Reference for fall 1993. `Scholastic Guides: Putting It in Writing,' by Steve Otfinoski; `Scholastic Guides: Checking Your Grammar,' by Marvin Terban; `Scholastic Environmental Atlas of the United States,' by Mark Mattson; More.
- Book fight. // Crain's New York Business;02/08/99, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p42
Reports on Scholastic Corp.'s legal dispute with the owner of the Goosebumps series of children's books over the company's rights as publisher and distributor of the books.