College Publishers See Relief In May Return And Net Sales Rates
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Forms Single K-12 Division. // Electronic Education Report;12/1/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p4
The article reports that Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (HMH) had combined the operations of its siloed school businesses into a single K-12 division including K-5 textbook publishing operation School Publishers, secondary textbook publisher Holt McDougal and HMH Supplemental Publishers.
- The burden of history. Wunsch, James // Phi Delta Kappan;Feb94, Vol. 75 Issue 6, p492
Discusses the need to eradicate math, science, and history books that are not being read by students and are costly on the part of school budgets. Softcover books printed in black and white as an alternative; Cheaper production cost; Possibility of updating annually cheap books; Need for...
- Publishers. // Science Teacher;Feb94, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p74S
Lists textbook publishers, program and resource material publishers and tradebook publishers. Instructional level of materials; Availability of notation of supplemental items; Indication of teacher's editions and special editions.
- Publish--and then perish? Kelly, Martyn // New Scientist;3/19/94, Vol. 141 Issue 1917, p49
Narrates the author's experience in publishing a textbook for biology students in Nigeria. High cost of books in Nigeria; Lack of time for Nigerian teachers to write textbooks; Problems in looking for a publisher; `Launching ceremony' to raise funds for the publication.
- The Terrible Texts. McCollister, Betty // Humanist;Nov/Dec93, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p40
Comments on the declining quality of textbooks for elementary and secondary school. Typical headings from `The Textbook Letter'; Main reasons why some poorly written texts are accepted for publishing.
- Books that make a difference. // Publishers Weekly;9/23/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 39, pS27
Comments on the kind of publishing that is at the core of the Latin American book business. Textbook publishing, as the foundation; How the peso crisis in Mexico forced textbook publishers to rethink strategies; The growth in importance of home educational products and practical edcucational...
- College textbook industry grapples with web- and E-based products. // Electronic Education Report;03/01/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p7
Reports on the hesitance of college textbook publishers to venture into electronic commerce.
- News Briefs... // Educational Marketer;12/13/99, Vol. 30 Issue 35, p8
Presents news briefs related to educational publishing industry in the United States as of December 1999.
- Special EM Report: Electronic Challenges, Market Growth Rank As Top Priorities For College Text Publishers. // Educational Marketer;03/06/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p1
Discusses the trends and challenges faced by the United States college textbook industry in electronic products and Internet technology.