Police Managers' Perception of Organizational Leadership Styles
- The Chief Of Rescue. Swope, Christopher // Governing;Nov1999, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p84
Profiles William Baker, appointed police chief in Laconia, New Hampshire in January 1999. Reputation earned by Baker in the police department; Improvements in the Laconia police department under Baker's leadership; Career background of Baker.
- Santa Fe's Top 10 Stories. // Santa Fe Reporter;12/31/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 53, p7
No abstract available.
- Ethics Committee: Professionalism in Policing Research Project. Lipinski, Norm; Maguire, Stephen // Canadian Police Chief Magazine;Winter2012, p9
The article offers information regarding the Professionalism in Policing Research Project launched by the Canadians Association of Chiefs of Police (CACP) to determine how police agencies can sustain professionalism of officers. It says that the project, which was supported by the Sheldom Cumir...
- Police say 10 prelates have received death threats. Donovan, Gill // National Catholic Reporter;4/5/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 22, p10
The newly named national police coordinator for the security of church leaders said 10 Colombian bishops and priests have received constant and credible death threats. Jorge Calderon, appointed after the mid-March 2002 assassination of Archbishop Isaias Duarte Cancino, did not name the church...
- LEADERSHIP. Darst, Abbie // Kentucky Law Enforcement Magazine;Summer2010, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p34
The article discusses the process of leadership at police departments in Kentucky. It mentions that aspiring leaders have to retain a certain level of enthusiasm in order to get recognition. It states that chief police officers knew the importance of setting goals for the department, and for the...
- Increasing the Overhead for Criminals. O'Brien, George // BusinessWest;Apr2002, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p22
Focuses on the leadership and philosophy of Holyoke police chief Anthony Scott in Massachusetts. Application of the business philosophy in crime management by Scott; Goals as police chief; Career background; Accomplishments of Scott.
- FACILITATING ORANIZATIONAL CULTURE: NEW CHIEF OLD VALUE SYSTEMS. Thomas, David J. // Southwest Journal of Criminal Justice;2010, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p250
Anyone who desires to be Chief of Police has to know and understand it is a daunting task. This is a case study of a new chief who took office in May 2008 and the challenges he faced while attempting to introduce new values and a new culture to an old organization. Some of the greatest...
- Plaintiff vs. Lieutenant Arthur Archibeque and New Mexico... Hermann, Stephen L. // Fire Engineering;Jan1996, Vol. 149 Issue 1, p133
Reports that on May 10, 1990, a lawsuit brought against the New Mexico State Police and Lieutenant Arthur Archibeque was dismissed in the First Judicial District Court in New Mexico in the state's Tort Claims Act. What prompted the lawsuit; Details pertaining to the filing of the suit and...
- UNTITLED IMAGE. // Under the White Wing;2011, p6
An image showing the arrival of chiefs in Denver, Colorado is presented.