Carver Bank issues resolved
- Adequacy of Capital. // Banking;Nov73, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p23
Introduces an article concerning the problems on the adequacy of capital concerning banks, published in the November 1973 issue of the 'BANKING,' journal.
- USING CREDIT RISK MODELS FOR REGULATORY CAPITAL: ISSUES AND OPTIONS. Hirtle, Beverly J.; Levonian, Mark; Saidenberg, Marc; Walter, Stefan // Economic Policy Review (19320426);Mar2001, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p19
Deals with a study that considered the issues needed to be addressed in developing a regulatory minimum capital standard based on banks' internal credit risk models. Overview of credit risk models; Framework for an internal-models capital charge; Summary and conclusions.
- The Next Frontier: Rights Issues? Sisk, Michael // U.S. Banker;Aug2008, Vol. 118 Issue 8, p48
The article reports on a technique which can help businesses, especially banks, raise their capital. This technique is called rights issues which is done by a company by offering its existing share holder the right to buy additional shares, directly, pro rata and at a discount price. The author...
- Exams Will Change After Crisis. Patrikis, Ernest T. // American Banker;12/12/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 239, p10
The article reports on public remedial practices regarding banks and banking in the 2008 U.S. credit crisis. There have been little to no instances of remedial practices, however, banks are increasing capital and stability is returning to markets which may bring about public remedial practices....
- ROLE OF STATE IN BANK SYSTEM MANAGEMENT. Tarasova, O. V. // Actual Problems of Economics / Aktual'ni Problemi Ekonomìki;Jun2011, Vol. 120 Issue 6, p216
The article analyzes the existing models, forms and types of influence of the state by means of the bank system upon the country's economy. Degree and types of state participation in the capital of bank sector are considered as well as the consequences of this phenomenon for the economy in general.
- The Determinants of Bank Capital Ratios in a Developing Economy. Ahmad, Rubi; Ariff, M.; Skully, Michael // Asia-Pacific Financial Markets;Sep2008, Vol. 15 Issue 3/4, p255
This paper reports new findings on the determinants of bank capital ratios. The results are from an unbalanced panel data set spanning eight years around the period of the 1997�1998 Asian financial crisis. Test results suggest a strong positive link between regulatory capital and bank...
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. // Credit Union Journal;10/12/2009, Vol. 13 Issue 41, p10
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Bid on Supplementary Capital Moves Forward" in the September 28, 2009 issue, one on the role of alternative capital in the credit union industry, and one on the cloudy proposal for alternative...
- Key 28-Bank Survey for Basel II About to Start. Paletta, Damian // American Banker;9/14/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 177, p3
Previews the start of a Basel-II related study of capital management to be conducted by federal regulators through surveying 28 of the country's largest banks. Importance of bank participation in the study; Significance of the study in determining which companies could lower their capital;...
- At Long Last, D.C. Signs Off on Its First Bank Charter. Thompson, Laura K. // American Banker;4/2/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 64, p5
No abstract available.