A Turnover Turnaround
- Moving to a space station? Join Space Coast. Andorfer, James B. // American Banker;10/21/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 204, p8
Reports on the field-of-membership expansion of Space Coast Credit Union for a member of any expedition to or colony on any celestial body. Approval by the Florida regulator; Comments by Pam Murray, vice president for marketing.
- New Space Age Center For CU. // Credit Union Journal;4/14/2003, Vol. 7 Issue 15, p15
Reports on the inauguration of a pentagon-shaped headquarter in Melbourne, Florida by Space Coast Credit Union.
- Space Coast CU Jabs Markups. // Credit Union Times;7/23/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p14
A review is offered of an advertising campaign titled "Expose the Truth" created by Space Coast Credit Union (SCCU) to raise consumers awareness about rate markups, an automobile lending practice.
- Dealers Destroy CU Markup Campaign. SAMAAD, MICHELLE A. // Credit Union Times;7/30/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p1
A review is offered of the Expose the Truth advertising campaign of Melbourne, Florida Space Coast Credit Union.
- Space Coast takes off in brave new world. Arndorfer, James B. // American Banker;9/5/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 170, p14
Focuses ont the efforts of Space Coast Credit Union chief executive officer Gregory A. Thomas to push the use of technology. Credit Union National Association's appointment of Thomas to study how the union should prepare for the 21st century; Credit union's financial performance for June 30,...
- Merger Leader Expands Role. // Credit Union Times;4/13/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p24
The article announces that Timothy Antonition has been promoted to chief operating officer of Space Coast Credit Union (CU) in Melbourne, Florida.
- Alive Credit Union Strikes Branch Deal. Roberts, Ed // American Banker;8/2/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 119, p16
The article mentions Alive Credit Union plans to expand in Florida with the purchase of two branches from Space Coast Credit Union if the deal is approved by the National Credit Union Administration.
- Citizen's Arrest. Wolfe, Daniel // American Banker;5/5/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 69, p5
This article reports that a patron at the Space Coast Credit Union of Florida stopped a bank robbery when a man in front of him in line put a shopping bag over his head. Ruben Torres had time to go to his car to get his gun and return to the bank to stop the robbery.
- Space Coast Sues Barclays. // Credit Union Times;5/25/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p32
The article reports that Space Coast Credit Union has filed a lawsuit against Barclays PLC and State Street Corp. over the alleged misrepresentation of a colaterallized debt obligation (CDO) that led to financial losses.