- THE SEARCH FOR GENGHIS KHAN. // Current Events;9/29/2000, Vol. 100 Issue 4, p2a
Details the search for the lost burial chamber of Mongolian ruler, Genghis Khan. Biography of Genghis Khan; Description of the 13th century period; Accounts on the expedition of a Chicago millionaire; Information on the Mongolian battle with China; Participation of scientists and historians in...
- GENGHIS KHAN'S GRAVE IN SIGHT. // New Scientist;10/16/2004, Vol. 184 Issue 2469, p4
This article reports that the elusive tomb of Genghis Khan, the warrior and father of an empire that once stretched from China to Hungary, is at last within reach. A joint Japanese-Mongolian team believes it has found the site of his 13th-century palace and mausoleum, on a steppe about 240...
- Genghis day. Nurden, Robert // New Statesman;6/19/2006, Vol. 135 Issue 4797, p20
This article reports on activities in Mongolia in 2006, the 800th anniversary of the unification of Mongolia by Emperor Genghis Khan. Genghis Khan built the largest empire in history. To older Mongolians Genghis Khan is a symbolic hero of the pre-Communist way of life. The younger generation...
- Who was Genghis Khan? Wilmore, Kathy // Junior Scholastic;2/7/2005, Vol. 107 Issue 12, p16
The article focuses on Genghis Khan, a ruler founded the largest land empire in history, has a nasty reputation. Like Alexander the Great, Genghis Khan led thousands of warriors into one battle after another, conquering lands and peoples far beyond his homeland. The first known account of his...
- The Secret History of Genghis Khan's Life and Times. George, Sara // Faces (07491387);Oct2003, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p10
Presents information on the life history of Mongolian emperor Genghis Khan through the book "The Secret History of the Mongols."
- The rise of the Mongols under Chinggis Khan. Souci, Robert D. San // Calliope;Nov/Dec93, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p4
Relates the exploits of the Mongol ruler Genghis Khan, or Chinggis Khan. Characteristics of the twelfth-century Mongols; Birth of Temujin, to be known later as Genghis Khan; Marriage to Borte; Abduction and rescue of Borte; Ties with the Mongols; Participation in battles; Choice of Temujin as...
- The merit of an action lies in finishing it to the end. Khan, Genghis // Calliope;Mar2008, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p2
The article presents information on the world's southernmost permafrost and northernmost desert and emperor Genghis Khan of Mongolia.
- The Rise of GENGHIS. San Souci, Robert D. // Calliope;Mar2008, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p4
The article presents information on the childhood of Genghis Khan, the emperor of Mongolia.
- Genghis Khan's communication network. Conant, Hollyn // Military Review;Aug1994, Vol. 74 Issue 8, p65
Profiles Genghis Khan as an military leader in the 13th century. Biography; Value and necessity of reliable information; Temujin as Genghis's given name; Temujin's sources of information; Expansion of Temujin's territories; Territorial expansions and takeovers; Communication system developed...