Pipeline Politics in Central Asia
- Frontera Resources to proceed with installation of the 5-mile pipeline and related facilities within Mtsare Khevi. // World Energy News;3/18/2013, p9
The article reports on the approval received by energy company Frontera Resources Corp. from the Georgian government to proceed with the installation of a 5-mile gas pipeline and related facilities within the Mtsare Khevi field in Georgia.
- Gazprom: More Russian gas lines good for Europe. // Energy Today (Hungary);5/26/2014, p3
The article reports on how expanding the Nord Stream pipeline through the Baltic Sea would be boosting Russian natural gas supplies to Europe, as well how constructing a South Stream pipeline would likewise have the same effect.
- Bolivian pipeline project presents special construction challenges. Nogarin, Mauro // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Oct2010, Vol. 237 Issue 10, p65
The article focuses on the special construction challenges of the Gaseoducto Carrasco Cochabanha (GCC) natural gas pipeline project in Bolivia. The pipeline project is built by Transredes at a cost of 168 million U.S. dollars and aims to supply natural gas to the western part of Bolivia....
- Statistics of the Interconnector. // British Gas Utility Market Report;2004, Vol. 2, p16
Presents statistics relevant to the construction of the UK-Continent Gas Interconnector natural gas pipeline. Shareholders; Shippers; Pipeline; Terminal; Speed; Length; Diameter; Terminal; Compressors; Pressure.
- Alaska gas-line applications extended. // Underground Construction;Oct2007, Vol. 62 Issue 10, p5
The article focuses on the extension of gas-line application deadline for companies in Alaska. Governor Sarah Palin has extended the application deadline for companies seeking to build a natural gas pipeline from October 1 to November 30, 2007. This is the response to comments received during an...
- Loading arm instrumental in moving gas liquefaction offshore. Rigaud, J.; Gerez, J. M.; Dieumegard, C. // Offshore;Jun2000, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p106
Focuses on the cryogenic flexible pipe structure designed by Coflexip Stena Offshore (CSO) for the offshore loading of liquefaction of natural gas. Key features of the pipe; Purpose of developing the pipe; Details on the fatigue life analysis developed by CSO.
- Indonesian Pipeline Presents Construction, Environmental Challenges. Sharma, V.P.; Lloyd, Punj // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Aug2004, Vol. 231 Issue 8, p74
Describes PT Lloyd's Panaran Pemping natural gas pipeline project in Indonesia. Pipeline length and route; Project challenges; Logistical issues; Offshore obstacles; Demands of horizontal directional drilling. INSET: Scope of work.
- Regency Energy Partners Announces Two Pipeline Extensions. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Nov2009, Vol. 236 Issue 11, p14
The article reports on the announcement of Regency Energy Partners LP regarding its two pipeline expansion to accommodate Haynesville Shale production in North Louisiana. The author notes that the expansion will increase the overall deliverability of the gathering system and will provide...
- How Innovative Pipeline Design Inspires Organizational Culture. Thomas, Mike // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Aug2014, Vol. 241 Issue 8, p90
In this article, the author discusses the innovations derived from challenges faced by the oil and natural gas pipeline companies. Topics discussed include paradigm shift in the pipeline innovation, proper training of the employees and economic development occurring with proper pipeline...