PEOPLE IN THE NEWS …
- People. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;6/1/98, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p34
Presents information on various appointments and promotions at publishing companies in the United States. Promotion of Tracy Quitasol to the post of program development director at The Hearst Group; Naming of Susan Clare Ellis as editor of BabyCenter; Appointment of Ira L. Goodman to the post...
- Activities and Publications. Stern, Jenny Seastone // Publishers Weekly;4/1/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 13, p45
Presents an update on promotional campaigns from U.S. publishers during Spring 2002. Information provided by the Web sites of the Children's Book Council and the Academy of American Poets; Poetry books released by HarperCollins; Recommended books from Harcourt and Penguin Putnam.
- Paperback Giveaways '84. // School Library Journal;Sep84, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p32
Features the 1984 promotional materials offered by paperback publishers for free. Ballantine/Del Ray/Fawcett; Bantam; Clarion.
- Erratum. // American Journal of Health Promotion;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p268
Provides a corrected version of the article "New Vision for Health Promotion Within Sports Medicine,' by Steven Blair et al, published in the 2003 issue of "American Journal of Health Promotion".
- Advertising & sales. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;7/1/98, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p26
Highlights the promotions of four executives from separate publishing companies in the United States. Names of the executives; Positions they will assume.
- Sluggish Sales Move Art Book Publishers to Cast for Wider Audiences. // Book Publishing Report;12/8/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 47, p1
Reports on the expansion in the customer base of art book publishers. Format options in art book publishing; Improvement in the sales volume; Implementation of marketing strategy.
- In the WORKS. Toller, Carol // Quill & Quire;Dec98, Vol. 64 Issue 12, p15
Reports developments related to publishing industry as of June 2002. Promotion of the 'Walk This Way' novel by Anita Rau; Non-fiction debut of the novel 'We Want Some Too: The Story of Unauthorized Art An the Death of Mass Culture; Publication of the novel 'Lost Girls.'
- People. // Publishers Weekly;8/15/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 32, p8
Presents news briefs on people in the U.S. publishing industry as of August 15, 2005. Appointment of Ashley C. Andersen as president of Trudy; Selection of Judy Sommer as national education sales manager at Booksource; Appointment of David Linker as editorial director at InnovativeKids.
- Ten Ways to Get the Most Out of Promotions. RUTH, LINDA // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Dec2010, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p20
The article discusses ten ways that can help publishers in creating a coherent promotions strategy. As stated, one should use promotions money to promote editorially strong issues. One should spend money on channels that already show promise. Another way is to promote at point of sale on radio,...