- INVESTMENT ON RELEVANT EDUCATION LEADS TO FINANCIAL GAIN SPENDING ON INAPPROPRIATE EDUCATION.... Swamy, M.R. Kumara // Journal of Financial Management & Analysis;Jul-Dec2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p64
Explores the adequacy of the existing Master of Business Administration (MBA) Finance (financial management) curriculum followed by management institutes and universities in Africa and Asia. Overdependence on conventional theory of finance; Proposal for need-based MBA finance curriculum;...
- The Worldly MBA. Woods, Lynn // Corporate Legal Times;Apr2000, Vol. 10 Issue 101, Business without borders. p12
Focuses on business schools' struggle to compete in growing worldwide market for Master's of Business Administration programs. Changes in the content and delivery of programs; Shift in students' goals; Proliferation of business schools; Increase in the share of students from foreign countries.
- Progress by Degrees. O'Brien, George // BusinessWest;Aug2003, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p38
Focuses on the Master of Business Administration (MBA) programs offered at the Isenberg School of Management at UMass university in Massachusetts. Reputation on the standard of the school; Design on the MBA programs of the school; School accreditation.
- What Does An MBA Degree Mean in 1986? Ruud, William N. // SAM Advanced Management Journal (07497075);Winter86, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p40
Focuses on a study which examined the master of business administration curricula in a sample of business schools across the United States. Details of the research procedures; Analysis of findings; Issues raised by the study.
- Iona College's business school among top 30 percent worldwide. // Fairfield County Business Journal;7/28/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 30, ps14
Features the Hagan School of Business at Iona College in New Rochelle, New York. Offer of post-master's certificate programs; Selection of Master of Business Administration degrees; Schedule of the trimester course.
- MBA BUTTERFLIES. Cziborr, Chris // Orange County Business Journal;11/05/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p39
Reports on Orange County, California business schools' apprehension over their MBA application and enrollment in an era of slowing economy worsened by the September 11 terrorist attacks. Non-trends for both the 2000 and 2001 school years, which indicate uncertainty; Enrollment data for the...
- MBA SCHOOLS DIRECTORY. // Orange County Business Journal;11/05/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p40
Presents a directory of MBA schools in Southern California.
- Evaluating MBA-Program Admissions Criteria: The Relationship Between Pre-MBA Work Experience and Post-MBA Career Outcomes. Dreher, George F.; Ryan, Katherine C. // Research in Higher Education;Dec2002, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p727
It has become common practice among U.S. business schools to require potential students to have substantial work experience before admission to MBA programs. Yet, the benefits of this selection criterion have not been fully articulated nor empirically examined. This article explores the...
- Re-engineering the MBA in Canada. Leith, Sheldon; Kovacheff, Jonathon // Canadian Business Review;Winter94, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p32
Focuses on business graduates in Canada. Needed change for Canadian business schools; Restructuring of Master of Business Administration programs; Competitiveness of Canadian business schools; Stronger ties with the corporate world. INSET: Top schools introduce change..