Brewer and union agree national deal
- Transport Workers discuss merger. // Monthly Labor Review;Dec81, Vol. 104 Issue 12, p59
Announces that delegates of Transport Workers established a Mass Transit Division during the union's 16h convention. Adoption of a resolution calling for consideration of a possible merger with the Amalgamated Transit Union; Plan of action of the division.
- ITF reinforces its campaign against flagging out. Cottrill, Ken // Traffic World;1/29/96, Vol. 245 Issue 5, p19
Reports that the International Transport Workers Federation is reinforcing its campaign against flag-of-convenience (FOC) vessels to counter what it says is continued growth in the number of substandard ships operated by rogue ship owners. Percentage of world fleet which is classified as FOC;...
- Teamsters charge corruption. // Overdrive;May95, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p29
Reports that charges of corruption have been leveled against Teamsters local, Chicago Local 705, by the international Teamsters union. Lawsuit against Local 705's former officials; Goal to recover missing fund from Local 705's pension fund.
- Mexico City: Bus-stop blues. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);4/24/95, Issue 16, p16
Reports on corruption in a bus union in Mexico City, Mexico.
- Canadian Seaway workers take steps toward labor action as talks collapse. Binkley, Alex // Traffic World;7/3/95, Vol. 243 Issue 1, p34
Reports that the Canadian workers on the Saint Lawrence Seaway in Ottawa, Ont., members of the Canadian Autoworkers Union, have taken steps toward labor action following a breakdown in contract negotiations in summer 1995. Unsettled issues in the contract talks involving wages, benefits and job...
- Conrail, TWU forge sign pact on Greenbrier role in Pa. shop. // Traffic World;3/25/96, Vol. 245 Issue 13, p54
Reports that the Transport Workers Union and Conrail have agreed to allow the Greenbrier Companies and Conway to operate Conrail's Hollidaysburg, car shop jointly or otherwise. Comments from Sonny Hall, president of the Transport Workers Union.
- Rail talks near close. Burke, Jack // Traffic World;9/16/96, Vol. 247 Issue 11, p49
Focuses on Transportation Communications Union's approval of a five-year agreement with the railroads represented by the National Carriers Conference Committee. Issues remaining open; Union's success in breaking the pattern of alternating wage increases.
- TCU reelects Scardelletti, approves strike. // Traffic World;8/21/95, Vol. 243 Issue 8, p30
Reports on the Transportation Communications Union. Authorization of a strike against one or more of the major railroads engaged in national negotiations; Reelection of Robert Scardelletti as the union's national president; TCU's promise to reject the proffer of arbitration that would follow a...
- Union gives LTLs jitters. Schulz, John D. // Traffic World;9/02/96, Vol. 247 Issue 9, p22
Focuses on labor relations between shippers and unionized LTL carriers. Prospect of a disruptive strike; Industry segments; Supply of drivers; Teamster representation; Union-management harmony.