Tribunal avenue restored
- A WRONGFUL STATE OF AFFAIRS. Davies, James // People Management;6/27/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p19
Criticizes the British government's lack of action over tribunals' outdated handling of breach of contact claims. Amount of the maximum damages a tribunal can award for breach of contract; Actions to be taken to increase the claims for damages.
- Case round-up. Wilson, Penny // Personnel Today;1/13/2004, p12
The article presents case round-ups related to employment industry. In the Durant v Financial Services Authority, CA, 8 December 2003, Durant made an unsuccessful claim against his bank. Wishing to take it further, he made a subject access request under the Data Protection Act to the Financial...
- Employment and settlement agreements. // Accountancy;Jul2001, Vol. 128 Issue 1295, p88
This article reports on the decision of the Employment Appeal Tribunal (EAT) in the case Sutherland versus Network Appliance Ltd. in which a common law claim for breach of contract was prevented under the Employment Rights Act of 1998. This case focused on a breach of contract over payments for...
- Judgment No. 2867. // Judgments of the Administrative Tribunal of the ILO;2/3/2010, Issue 108, Special Section p1
The article discusses a complaint filed by Mrs. A. T. S. G. against the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) on July 8, 2008. The decision of the Administrative Tribunal of the International Labour Organization (ILO) was delivered in public during its 108th session in Geneva,...
- When Participation Agreements Go Bad. // Orange County Business Journal;5/9/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 19, pB51
The article offers information on the impact of breach of participation agreements on Lead Bank in Orange County, California.
- Orkin Exterminating Co. v. DelGuidice. // Environmental Law Reporter: News & Analysis;Dec2001 Filing Instructions, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p20880
Reports on the Florida District Circuit Court's decision on a breach of contract case against a termite company. Cost of repair; Diminution in value.
- Settlement payment could not be deducted twice. // Practical Accountant;May96, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p20
Reports that the payment to settle a breach of contract has been classified as a nondeductible. Reasons for classification.
- Brazen v. Bell Atlantic Corp. no. 14,976. // Delaware Journal of Corporate Law;1998, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p177
Presents the case `Brazen v. Bell Atlantic Corp' involving a breach of contract in the merger agreement on the termination of fee provisions in Delaware. Facts of the case; Contentions of opposing parties; Legal principles applied; Decision of the court.
- Independent Cellular Telephone, Inc. v. Barker no. 15,171. // Delaware Journal of Corporate Law;1998, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p244
Presents the case `Independent Cellular Telephone Inc. v. Barker,' involving fiduciary and contractual duties. Facts of the case; Contentions of opposing parties; Legal principles applied; Decision of the court.