- Author questions employment laws. Olson, Walter // Crain's Detroit Business;03/16/98, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p35
Presents information pertaining to employment laws in the United States (US), as reported on March 16, 1998. Impact of employment on the economy of the US; Question of the authority of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission concerning the employment of felons; Definition of the term...
- Back t'work, laddie. Balls, Ashley // NZ Business;Feb2002, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p48
Focuses on the cost of employing staff in New Zealand. Government policies on employment; Consideration of business values; Factors for to be considered in staff replacement.
- Wired in the country. Huws, Ursula // People Management;11/25/99, Vol. 5 Issue 23, p46
Highlights teleworking projects in operation around the European Union. Evidence that teleworking can be regarded as a mainstream form of employment in Europe; Countries in which teleworking has grown rapidly; Signal that teleworking has been accepted as standard practice.
- Public Personnel Selection: Issues and Choice Points. McKinney, William R. // Public Personnel Management;Fall87, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p243
Explores the role of a written employee selection examination in defining the composition of the workforce in the U.S. Compliance with legislative mandates for validity in the selective decision; Desire of agency for technical expertise and social representation; Impact of the political, social...
- Stay course on welfare reform. Lenkowsky, Leslie // Indianapolis Business Journal;08/31/98, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p13A
Comments on the results of the Personal Responsibility, Work Opportunity and Medicaid Restructuring Act of 1996 on welfare reform policies in Indiana. Absence of evidence indicating that former welfare recipients in the state are better of financially; Impairment of recipients' ability to...
- USING FINANCIAL INCENTIVES TO ENCOURAGE WELFARE RECIPIENTS TO BECOME ECONOMICALLY SELF-SUFFICIENT. Robins, Philip K.; Michalopoulos, Charles // Economic Policy Review (19320426);Sep2001, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p105
Presents a study on the alternative financial incentive schemes used to help states meet the work specification requirements of the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act (PRWORA) of 1996 in the United States. Background of the PRWORA; Implementation of the...
- Just Wondering Private Reservations. // Business Today;8/22/2010, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p28
The article focuses on the failure of the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government in India to implement its promised reservations in the private sector, that was mentioned in government's manifesto listing released in 2004.
- Near perfect. SANDERS, BOB // New Hampshire Business Review;5/31/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p4
The article reports that New Hampshire has received a near perfect rating in a small business survey conducted by Thumbtack.com and Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation due to the state's employment regulation and excellent record in industrial health and safety.
- Call to ease entry for non-EU labour. Harris, Robert // Farmers Weekly;3/29/2002, Vol. 136 Issue 13, p26
Cites the urging from the agriculture sector to overhaul the work permit system for labor from outside European Union countries. Effect of the system on the sector; Extent of the shortage of workers; Action planned by the government.