EU law set to weaken unions
- Knowledge Work and Intellectual Property Rights: New Challenges for Trade Unions. Lücking, Stefan; Pernicka, Susanne // Journal of Workplace Rights;2009, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p311
In a society where knowledge has become the main factor of production, intellectual property rights are an important issue in social conflicts. However, in the current debate about the reform of intellectual property (IP) law, the trade unions are playing hardly any role, although the new...
- Sendika Konfederasyonlari-Devlet Iliskileri: Avrupa Birligi Sï¿½ylemlerinde ï¿½esitlilik ve Nedenleri. Alemdar, Zeynep // Sivil Toplum: Dusunce & Aastirma Dergisi;2007, Vol. 5 Issue 19, p57
This study argues that Turkish trade union confederations' organizational characteristics such as their leadership cadres and their relations to the State, causes the confederations' discourses on workers' rights to be insuenced by these relations. The study analyzes the Turkish trade union...
- How to sort the union problem. Fishman, Nina // New Statesman;03/27/98, Vol. 127 Issue 4378, p13
Presents information on the delayed publication of the white paper on rights at work in Great Britain. Recorded support for trade unions as shown in opinion polls; Reluctance of British union officials to admit that the Rhenish model resembles the situation in Britain from 1940 to 1950;...
- Workers sound warning over EU constitution vote. Darcy, John // Contract Journal;5/25/2005, Vol. 428 Issue 6526, p11
Reports on the warning issued by British labor unions of that they will not vote in favour of the proposed European Union constitution unless domestic employment rights are improved. Key rights included in constitution's Charter of Fundamental Rights; Reaction of the Transport and General...
- Supreme Court Clarifies Employee's Rights Against Unions and Employers. Sherman, Neil H. // Industrial Management;Sep/Oct82, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p7
Focuses on the clarification of the employee rights against unions and employers. Impact of labor relations; Aspects of the employment relationship; Provision of a collective bargaining agreement.
- Bahrain (Case No. 2433). // Official Bulletin: Series B;2008, Vol. 91 Issue 3 (351, 352), p110
The article offers information on a case of the General Federation of Bahrain Trade Unions (GFBTU) in Bahrain about the right of civil service workers to join workers' unions and refusal of authorities to register six unions in the public sector.
- Benin (Case No. 2491). // Official Bulletin: Series B;2008, Vol. 91 Issue 3 (351, 352), p111
The article offers information on a case of the National Trade Union of Workers of the Ministry of Public Service, Labour and Administrative Reform (SG/SYNTRA/MFPTRA) in Benin about restrictions on the right to participate in trade union meetings, acts of favoritism towards the SYNATRA trade...
- Republican attack on labor goes beyond Congress. Marshall, Scott // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;12/16/2010, Vol. 74 Issue 20, p2
In this article the author discusses the labor union's aggressive approach in defending their labor rights in the U.S.
- Employers Fair Work concerns lack credibility. BLAKE, NICK // Australian Nursing Journal;Apr2011, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p25
The article discusses concerns which many health care facilities in Australia have voiced over efforts which medical unions, including the Australian Nursing Federation, have made and are making to meet with, represent and improve the working conditions of employees. In the article the author...