- Foreign staff key to global future for BA. // People Management;04/16/98, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p21
Discusses the British Airways PLC's recruitment of foreign graduates to globalize its organization. Cultural shift; Open-learning and career link centers to offer information and support; Cross-cultural training; Career development plans.
- BA's Hatton Retires. Krause, Kristin S. // Traffic World;3/20/2000, Vol. 261 Issue 12, p46
Focuses on the retirement of British Airways PLC cargo chief Kevin Hatton in Great Britain. Impact of the Hatton retirement on the cargo business of the airline company; Accomplishments of Hatton in the company; Designation of Brymon Airways company managing director Gareth Kirkwood as the...
- The Secret Marketer. // Marketing Week;4/1/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p50
The author profiles Willie Walsh, chief executive officer of British Airways (BA), and discusses how Walsh is trying to save a company that has been run by a so-called militant union of brand managers.
- TTG Getaway. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;6/27/2013, Issue 3057, p56
The article offers information related to travel industry such as the mess of Prosecco mini-bottle during the maiden flight of the Thomson 787 Dreamliner, and the attitude of the British Airways staff during long-haul flights.
- 'People person' lands BA's top job. Cooper, Cathy // People Management;05/11/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p12
Reports on the selection of Rod Eddington as chief executive officer (CEO) of British Airways (BA). Attitudes of BA employees toward Eddington; Reaction of the British Air Line Pilots Association on his appointment; Management style of Eddington. INSET: A whizz kid of Oz.
- Marathon man. Reed, Arthur // Air Transport World;Oct99, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p59
Announces the appointment of Rod Lynch as chief executive officer of British Airways company. Professional background of Lynch; Roles and function in the airline company; Plans of Lynch for the company.
- IN BRIEF. // People Management;9/13/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 18, p7
Covers news briefs on personnel management in Great Britain as of September 13, 2001. Plans of British Airways to lay off a number of its employees worldwide; Failure of the government to attract unemployed older men into the job market; Topics to be discussed at the Global Business Management...
- In brief. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;2/25/2011, Issue 2948, p5
The article offers news briefs related to travel industry, such as the intention of the Unite union to reballot the cabin crew members of British Airways PLC between March 1 and March 28, 2011 and the third summer navigation of Celebrity Eclipse ship in Southampton, England.
- Give us a smile. // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);07/20/98 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 132 Issue 3, p6
Notes efforts of British Airways (BA) flight attendants to show more of their personality to passengers. Efforts as part of a BA campaign to overhaul its public image.