Unions call for unhindered access to online systems
- Why Not Have a Website. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;8/13/2001, Vol. 213 Issue 15, p24
Focuses on the importance of creating websites for businesses in the United States. Cost of creating an online site; Process for acquiring a website; Maintenance strategies for the electronic site.
- cnybj.com briefs. // Business Journal (Central New York);08/25/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 34, p12
Presents news items concerning Internet-based companies in Central New York State. Corning Inc.'s opening of a passive photonic component plant in the town of Henrietta; Norwich-based engineering portal Knovel.com's presentation of its business plan at a venture capital conference; Great...
- Web tools. // Online;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p9
Focuses on the Web tools of several companies. Ultraseek Server 3.0 and Ultraseek Server CCE from Infoseek; Data Harmony suite of document management software from Data Harmony, Inc.; NetMind Webmaster Program; WebPublisher and Web Research Distribution Database System.
- Well sited. // Management Today;Aug1999, p39
Presents the online service that uses Scoot, a purple-headed character, as its icon. Offering of services similar to Talking Pages; Provision of uses with access to database of around two million British businesses; User-friendly screen format.
- Juicing your Web site. Arnold, Stephen E. // Smart Business Philadelphia;Aug2009, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p7
The article presents the author's suggestions on turning a company's Web site into a productive asset in the U.S. The author recommends that managers must ensure that codes are clean, otherwise they should get someone who can fix them. One should also check on how well and fast the Web page is...
- An idea is born. Becker, Cinda // Modern Healthcare;8/5/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 31, p14
Features the Stream 57 Productions, an online venture which uses the same technology used by babypressconference.com. Services offered by Stream 57; Reason for the business failure of babypressconference.com; Clients of Stream 57.
- So you've got a Web site, now what should you do? Nechis, Mal // Westchester County Business Journal;11/03/97, Vol. 36 Issue 44, p20
Presents technical and online design skills to help create Web sites for an organization. Description of Web format; Impact of Web on several businesses; Web as medium of communications; Management questions that helps focus on the improvement of organization's online support services.
- 1 is the loveliest number. Diodati, Mark; Damore, Kelley // Information Security;Aug2006, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p22
The article presents a guide for information technology managers in implementing enterprise single sign-on (eSSO) and web access management (WAM) systems. In an effort to improve user experience, reduce costs and improve compliance, companies have pursued several strategies to consolidate...
- Agency launches online safety and health guide for Europe's small--and medium-sized businesses. // Control Solutions International;Oct2003, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p8
Deals with an online guide to occupational safety and health advice launched by the European Agency for small and medium enterprises. Information on fatal accident rate in Europe's enterprises; Features of the Agency's Web site.